Chapter 33

Adrian stares at Crystal who sips her coffee, he sighs as he walks closer to her before he puts his arms around her and she puts her head on his shoulder.

"You okay?" he asks and she nods her head.

"What happened?" she asks him.

"Don't you remember?" he asks.

"All I remember is someone asking me to follow them and then there was nothing but pain, it's all blank after that"

"When the vampires attacked Antonio's pack, I knew they were going to attack the palace as well, but I calculated wrong. I did not know they were going to attack at the same time"

"What about the men that went for Antonio's aid?" she asks him.

"We have no news"

"Is this the no news being good news part, Ad?" she worries making him sigh.

"I don't know, Cry" he admits and both of them stay in silence.

"We should go for their aid" she suggests and he nods his head.

"I will"

"But..." she tries to protests but he shakes his head no.

"You need to rest, I will go with some of my men, Warren will stay with you. I have tried to contact Dante but he has been MIA, but I am sure he will be back soon until then you stay here"

"Before you leave can I go see the palace?" she asks and he gets up to stand in front of her.

"There is nothing left to see of the palace, Cry" he informs and she stares at the ground.

"Oh"

"I will be back as soon as I can"

"No, you need to stay and check on them. Make sure they have enough help. It's all my fault I should not have..."

"Regretting the past will only bring regrets Crystal, right now we need to stay strong and gather our allies"

"Allies? Who are they?" she questions and he sighs.

"We all knew this would happen sooner or later Cry, this is what we all have been preparing you for. The betrayal of your own"

"I don't even know who are my own" she confesses and he kneels to hold her hands in his own.

"You, you are your own, gather the strength within yourself. We already have a fallen palace, we do not need a fallen Queen as well"

"Being Queen has turned to be nothing but a title, I am scared of my own self, to save one life I have sacrificed many. I just wanted to help" she points as he squeezes her hand.

"I wish I had words to make you feel better but all I can say is gather your strength, a warrior fights until his last breath, it does not matter if his hits are not strong to hurt an enemy but if he can use his last breath to keep the enemy distracted enough for other to come to help, he does that, uses his breath to keep enemy engaged, distracted"

"I feel I am my own enemy"

"Never known more truer words than that, but you are still a Queen, so head always high, My Queen. Even if they do not accept you, for me, you will always be the Queen" he points and she smiles as she gets up.

"Go and hurry back" she smiles and he nods before taking his leave.

*******

"I swear never seen anything as funny as watching those blood suckers fall off the walls and pillars as if leaves" Warren points as he along with Crystal stroll around the ground where they palace was once held.