Chapter 49

Next stop Epilogue!

*********

Connor stares at the crying baby in his son's arm, he hesitates to walk closer as suddenly he feels scared and emotional.

"You won't break her" Crystal whispers as she pushes her mate towards her son and grandchild.

"Dad, she won't stop" Chris glances at his father for help as he himself was on verge of tears.

So, Connor makes his way towards them, a sudden pull towards the girl makes him take the baby away from his son's arm and at once the baby stops crying.

"Huh? Wow, dad you must be a pro, she stopped crying" Chris smiles in relief as he stares from his daughter to his father.

"She did" Jane voices in relief as well and Chris hurries towards his mate.

"Thank God, now you can rest, she seems content being in dad's arm" Chris points as he kisses on his mate's forehead.

"Sex is great until you have to pop that one out" Jane groans and Chris chuckles.

"Ssh" he hushes her and she cups his face staring at him.

"We are parents" she sniffs and Chris kisses her hand.

"Thank you for making us one" he smiles and Jane nods as she closes her eyes to take a rest.

"I feed her; you clean the poop" Jane yawns while Chris smiles staring at his mate then he turns to stare at his father.

"Dad?" Chris calls standing up as his father stands still with the baby in his arms as if time has stopped for him.

"She won't disappear dad, also we need to give her a name" Chris points and Connor blinks looking at his son.

*********

"Destiny" Adrian's voices as he walks in the room, his eyes lands on the girl in Connor's arms who has a hold on his finger and could not stop staring at him.

"What?" Connor frowns not understanding what was he saying.

"Destiny, her name" Adrian smiles as he eyes Chris, who nods once as he walks to his father's side.

"It's a beautiful name" Chris agrees touching his daughter's cheek.

"Destiny" Connor whispers the name and the girl shifts in his arms.

"She likes it" Chris smiles.

"She is finally, home" Connor takes a deep breath and a wave of something so powerful hits Chris so he holds his father's arm.

"She is" Chris whispers as he stares at his father for a moment before he eyes his daughter.

"Hey little one, stop staring at your grandpa and rest. We will be right here when you wake up" Chris whispers to his daughter as he kisses the top of her head and the girl grips tighten in Connor's finger before she does what she is told and falls asleep.

*******

Crystal wraps her arms around Connor who stands still as he listens to Destiny's wails, both of them stare at the child who was crying aloud while Jane finishes feeding girl and cleans her face.

"Just few more minutes" Crystal whispers to Connor who moves as soon as Jane is done and picks the girl up who sniffs before she stares at Connor's face.

"If I did not know better, I would have thought she found her mate in her grandpa" Jane teases and Chris sighs.

"She really likes her grandpa, more than me" he pouts.