Chapter 47

Connor carefully puts Jade's body next to Jasper, stepping away he lets the fairy clean the body. Standing beside Crystal he stares at the bodies in front of them.

"Tell me we did the right thing" Connor asks his mate who sighs grabbing his hand and putting her head on his chest.

"This is the best we could do in the situation we were in" she whispers.

"I had no idea about all this" he points and she rubs his chest to calm him.

"No one is to blame"

"I should not have stayed off guard knowing the danger was still looming I should not have let my guard down"

"Do you want to go check in Chris; he must be awake now" she tries to distract him away from the tragedy in front.

"But..."

"I will stay here; you go check on Chris" she asks making him sigh as he nods and walks away leaving Crystal with the fairies and Jasper along with Jade's body.

*********

"Dad" Chris blinks as he gets up to walk towards his father who smiles as he hugs the boy.

"Are you okay?" he asks and he nods wrapping his arms around Connor and closing his eyes with a big sigh.

"It's okay, dad, it's okay" he whispers as he softly pats on Connor's back with his little hands trying to calm his father.

Connor closes his eyes as he holds his son tightly in his arms trying to let go of the guilt he was feeling and let his son help him calm down.

**********

Chris smiles as he makes his way towards his mother who was going through the bookshelves, he touches the stack of books sitting at the floor before he goes and sits on it watching his mother quietly.

"Want to help mommy a bit?" she asks as she stares at the boy who nods before he steps down and puts his hand out to grab the book but she holds his hand instead stepping down.

"What are these?" he asks as they walk towards the table.

"Mommy needs to read all these" Crystal sighs as she stares at the book.

"Can I bring my drawings here and stay with you?" the boy asks and Crystal smiles ruffling his hair.

"Of course, mommy would love some company" she agrees making him smile and rush out to grab his drawings.

*********

Connor finds both Crystal and his son asleep on the floor, he smiles as he stares at the drawing his son made, kneeling he pulls the color pencil out of Chris's hand as he checks the book in Crystal's hand, slowly pulling it away, he finds it a spell book.

Sitting beside Crystal he continues to read the same book, he pauses as Crystal moves and snuggles to his side before Chris follows clutching the dress of his mother. Shifting them carefully he lets his son and mate sleep peacefully as he watches over them.

Turning the page of the book, Connor continues to read the book as he runs his hand through Crystal's hair, he smiles when he hears her mumble few of the words.

Connor stops reading before he eyes the window and watches the fairies flying in, he puts a finger on top of his lips signaling them to stay quiet as he points at his mate and son.

"The body has been healed" the fairy flies and whispers near Connor's ear.

"Thank you" he mouths.

"Mother Fairy would like to talk with you two though" she informs and Connor nods as he glances at his mate.

"Now?" he asks and they shake their head no.