Chapter 18

"Who was he?" Adrian asks Crystal as she rush to her room, but someone stops Adrian.

"Boss, clothes" Warren reminds Adrian who groans as he grabs the pants Warren passes while he hurries and follows Crystal.

"Cry" Adrian calls as he walks in her room.

"We will be late for the crowning ceremony"

"Was he your..." Adrian starts but stops.

"We will be late" Crystal shouts at him.

"Cry" Adrian whispers as he steps closer to her.

"No, please, no" she shakes her head not wanting his arms around her, as the one whose arms she wants does not want her.

"But he is a human" Adrian points and Crystal stares at him in disbelief.

"And you shifted right in front of him and his sister, you scared them even more"

"Humans have always been scared of us"

"Because none of us gave them assurance that we too have a heart, because for men like you fear is the only factor that matters" she shouts at him before turning her back as she makes her way to the mirror.

"Go stand out of the room and wait for me there"

"Cry"

"As soon as I am done with this stupid, stupid, ceremony that I so wanted I am going back to my mate and mend things" she cries wiping her tears.

"You will not leave the palace"

"And you are nothing but a mere guard who cannot command me" she snaps.

"Your powers will be at high point and it's dangerous to be near any human"

"Then I will go back tomorrow"

"You..."

"I will go back to him, Adrian, I will always go back to him. I have to. He is angry, scared and confused, I should have explained, handled this situation better and now it's a mess, but I will mend it...

He is a very calm man, he will hear me out, he has to" she starts to babble making Adrian sigh.

"Is he the one you wanted me to meet?" Adrian asks and Crystal tilts her head to stare at him for a moment before nodding a yes.

"Yes, but with better circumstances, with better everything. You would have loved him and his sister, he is..." she stops as more tears runs down her eyes.

"I love him Ad, I cannot live without him" she cries as Adrian walks to pull her in his arms.

"You feel so now, but trust me, you can live without him. You will move on, you have to" he sighs and Crystal stares at his face.

"I don't want a tragic ending with my mate, Ad"

"But tonight, this is the end you will have. I will send someone to help you" he wipes her tears before walking out of the room.

"What's this all about?" Warren asks as Adrian walks out.

"As soon as the crown is on her head, send a team to the village"

"What...why?" Warren frowns.

"Crystal does not deserve a tragic ending, is that a reason enough?" Adrian growls as he disappears through a door.

*******

"Brother" Darwin greets Diego who frowns as he stares at his brother.

"I see, free food and you go anywhere uninvited" Diego jabs and Darwin grin at his twin.