Chapter 26

Note: I can get on my knees and cry with happiness as I was able to write again, it had been scary few weeks as I have been trying and trying but with no any results as I could not even write a single word. I was so scared that I won't be able to write but phew! Here we are.

Giovanni walks ahead of Connor making their way towards where Crystal was waiting along with Giovanni's mate Marissa. Just as they reach the closed doors behind which Crystal was, Gio turns to face Connor, staring at the man's face Giovanni finally breaks the silence.

"The way she reacted when you arrived, I will take it that you two know each other well. Well enough for her to forget her surroundings but judging from your behavior I am sure with whatever intention you stepped in, it was not good...

Before you stepped inside the room, just know, whoever you are, wherever you came from, no harm should ever be upon her, not when I am on the watch" Giovanni warns and Connor stares at the man expressionless.

"Good. Never go back on those words" Connor replies and Giovanni frowns hearing it before the door opens and Marissa stands smiling at her mate before her eyes moves to the man in front of her mate.

"I am going to go bring some drinks, while Gio will be with the guests, someone has to make sure they have enjoyed the party and now are in very much need to their own beds" Marissa announces as she wraps her arms around her mate who takes a deep breathe knowing well enough what she was pointing on.

"I will send some guards..."

"No guards" Marissa points as she tugs Giovanni along with her.

"Please go in, she has been waiting on for you for...it has been a forever kind of feeling" Marissa states as she walks away with her mate leaving Connor standing on the doorsteps of Crystal's room.

********

Crystal stares at the door to find no one entering, so getting up from the bed she makes her way towards the door to find Connor standing right outside of her door. She stares at his face before her eyes roam all over from his face to his body it focuses back on his face.

"Please come in" she pleads as he just stands there as if a statue.

"Your bedroom is the last thing I would like to enter" Connor replies and Crystal turns her head to look around her room before she stares back at him.

"I just thought, that we could use some privacy..."

"For what?" he asks interrupting her and Crystal blinks few times in surprise.

"Uh...to talk" she points and he sighs.

"I think we have already passed the talking point"

"Then answer me" she states in a hurry stepping towards him.

"I don't understand, how you are here and you are...what happened?" she asks raising her hand to touch him but he steps away from her reach.

"The Queen was about to choose a mate for her, every unmated male were invited, I just came to check my luck and it seems it has not changed at all" he points in distaste making her wince.

"You were gone without any contact and my people they, the kingdom needs a king" she whispers.

"Best of luck for getting one who needs this kingdom"

"Connor please" she pleads holding his arm as he turns to walk away.

"Please stay, there is so much I want to say and so much I want to know about you. I missed you, I have been missing you with each of my breath...