Chapter 07

Crystal stays silent on her way back to the palace which makes Antonio frowns before he clears his throat to gain her attention.

"Not that I mind but you are awfully quiet, are you not happy with the trip?" he questions and Crystal sighs deeply making him glance at Marisa.

"Is it like this between all mates or is it just you two?" she asks staring directly in his eyes and Antonio's eyes widens a bit before he laughs aloud while Marisa smiles lightly.

"Well if it was my way she would not leave the room but I have a stubborn mate who thinks her duties are important than me"

"I never said so" Marisa argues while Antonio raises a brow in challenge.

"My duties are binding me before I can bind myself with you that definitely did not come out of my mouth" Antonio speaks making Marisa look away.

"Finding a mate was the last thing I had expected when I took on the duties to be a tutor to Crystal and we both know what consequences is if we give in our desires"

"I understand" Antonio sighs before he smiles at Crystal who was watching them both.

"But trust us; this is nothing what mates are like"

"Then how are they like, can you fight the pull?" she asks curiously as she moves forward on her seat.

"Fight? Oh trust me fighting is the last thing, mates are made for a reason unless you have two mates"

"Two mates?" she asks in shock.

"Yeah, I mean it's not much of a shock but some are blessed with two mates in their life"

"And you seem quite happy about it" Marisa asks her mate who grins in return.

"It happens rarely my dear mate and also in cases if you have lost your mate so relax no one can have two mates at once...

Your soul cannot be of two people at once" he clarifies making her sigh.

"Is there any chance of finding a mate in a human?" Crystal's question makes Antonio move forward to grab the girl's hand.

"Are you hinting on you have found a mate?" he asks suspiciously and she huffs pushing her hand away.

"I was just curious" she points narrowing her eyes.

"Well if that is the case, then yeah sometimes we do find mate in human, Marisa's parents are an example" he points and her head snaps towards Marisa.

"Your parents were?" she asks in awe.

"Not my real parents but the one I grew up with. It's not that rare to find a mate in human but the thing is it will be difficult to the said mate...

Either they have to be changed into one of us or die with old age. But why are we talking on this topic?" Marisa asks and Crystal moves back on her seat.

"Just wondering if the villagers we met, what if they are mates to someone we know, don't you think we should be responsible for their safety?"

"Responsible? They fear us, Princess, it's better if we both stay away from each other"

"But they are closer to our lands and it is our responsibility to look after them what if our enemies attack them just to take..."

"Princess, Adrian will kill me if he hears what you are speaking. We just thought it will be a good idea to take you out of this place for a while not to get a change on your views...

What human does is not your concern" he states just as the carriage stops.

"Or perhaps you took me along with you so you can spent some time with your mate" she snaps before walking out of the carriage and storming to the house.