Chapter 43

Few months later...

"You sure?" Connor asks as he stares at Crystal who nods her head once and Connor nods back as he takes a deep breath and kisses Crystal's forehead.

"Thank you" he whispers and Crystal smiles as she touches her womb slowly.

"So, uh...what now?" Connor clears his throat making Crystal frown.

"Now?" she asks.

"Yeah, I mean we should...no, I should go and get us some books on pregnancy, I mean, there are guides through these"

"Or I can talk with few of the women in Ad's pack" she points.

"Yeah, that...that would be good" he agrees.

"We will need those guide books to, you know just to be extra careful"

"Yeah, I will go and get them. Uh, you stay...sit down, don't move, wait here while I go and buy few things and..."

"Okay" Crystal agrees and Connor smiles as he turns to go out but stops as he turns back to where Crystal was, pulling her in his arms he kisses the top of her head.

"I love you" he whispers.

"I love you both" he corrects and she smiles holding him.

"Be back soon" she asks as they let go of each other.

*********

"Pineapples are not good" Connor points as he pulls out the pineapple jam out of the fridge.

"Even when I crave?" Crystal asks as she watches her mate moving around the kitchen to clear it of everything, they read that is not healthy to have when pregnant.

"Let's not crave it" he asks turning to stare at her and she smiles.

"You will need to walk more, maybe we can do that in the morning and evenings, walking will help" he states and she agrees as she turns the pages of the book, he had got for them.

"Also, I heard there are yoga classes for couple when in pregnancy, do you want to join?" he asks making her frown.

"Is that wise?" she asks and he rubs the back of his neck.

"How many months does the pregnancy stays in this world? I mean humans carries for nine, so" he points making her think on it.

"Not that long, five to seven months but it depends" she points and he nods.

"We need to call Adrian" he finalizes and she nods in agreement before the couple stare at each other and then smile.

"We will be fine" Crystal assures him.

"We will" he agrees moving to where she was as he cups her face and kisses on her lips.

"We are going to be parents" she tells him.

"Parents, sounds nice" he whispers as they stare at each other's face as happiness radiates from their body.

********

Crystal hums to herself as she prepares the salad wanting to eat as much vegetables as she can endure for her child, with happy thoughts she continues to fix herself a plate turning around she stops as she feels dizzy.

Grabbing the top of the counter she tries to compose herself but the room starts to spin the bowl on her hands drops down crashing on the floor as she slowly loses her consciousness and starts to fall down on the floor.

Connor reaches to Crystal, catching her in time he sighs in relief but her unmoving body worries him. Pulling her in his arms Connor, moves towards the couch and lies her on it, calling her few times he waits when he finds no reaction, his worry increases.