Chapter 12

Des eyes at Crystal before she turns to stare at what she was looking at and smiling so big before she finds her brother walking out of the stable grabbing some straws.

Des narrows her eyes as Crystal sighs dreamily and with her big smile she sways and starts to sweep the floor while Des keeps eyeing the woman.

"Are you falling for my brother?" Des asks Crystal who pauses on what she was doing and faces Des.

"What?" Crystal asks.

"You are smiling big and every few seconds your eyes are turning towards the door and you have been looking in and out of the windows all day long, so, is there something you are hiding? Like falling for my brother?" she asks and Crystal gulps.

"It's..."

"Tiny, need you to collect the eggs" Connor's voice makes both of them turn towards the door to find him walk in wiping his face with a towel.

"Eggs?" Des asks.

"Yes, it's market day tomorrow and I want you to grabs few hens as well" he adds and Des sighs as she jumps off the chair.

"Can I go to market as well?" she asks her brother.

"No" he replies and Des grins as she steps out of the house without a word.

"Hi" Crystal smiles as she stares at him and Connor nods once before he walks away and Crystal frowns as that was not how she imagined she would be greeted, not after what occurred between them last night.

********

"Are you hungry?" Crystal asks as she follows him around and Connor turns around.

"I am going out" he informs making her tilt her head as she stares at him.

"Later" he mumbles as he makes his way towards his room and shuts the door.

Crystal turns around to finish sweeping the floor dejectedly as Connor has given her cold shoulder all day long from the moment she walked in this morning. Not something she was happy; she wonders what she should do to get his attention or few kisses back.

"Your assistance would help" Des shouts from outside making Crystal groan before she hurries to finish the work and help Des.

"Can we go to the stream tomorrow after Connie goes to market?" Des asks as she carries the eggs to the table.

"Stream?" Crystal asks and Des nods.

"Yeah, Connie rarely lets me go with him, but tomorrow we both can go and have a bath and just relax and enjoy the day...

He won't be back until late evening"

"Should we not go if she does not let you go much there?"

"Oh, don't be like that"

"Like what?" she frowns.

"The one who does everything what other tells"

"What?"

"Sometimes, we need to rebel. If I did everything what Connor tells me I will forever be stuck with hens and their eggs...

I need some fun in life. I am sure you must have broken one or two rules in your life" she points.

"Well"

"Chrissie, don't think. Jumping in cool water when the sun in high is the best feeling" Des assures and Crystal sighs giving in as she cleans the egg shells.

"Okay"

*******

"Are you staying for dinner?" Des asks as she finishes washing the vegetables.