Chapter 14

"Adrian" Crystal exclaims as the door of her room is bursts opens and he marches in anger written all over his face.

"A coronation?" he shouts making her wince.

"How have you been?" she tries to calm him.

"Gone for few weeks..."

"Three months" she reminds and he breathes harshly.

"Gone for three months, I come back to find not just a woman being part of the ministers, but you happily pissing every man in it while demanding a coronation be held for you?

Have you completely lost you bloody goddamn mind!" he scolds and she sighs.

"I can..."

"You cannot just demand it, we have people that needs to be informed, involved and agree on it for it to happen"

"I agree with people that needs to be informed and involved. But I don't understand whose agreement do we need to seek when the crown is mine to have?" she asks him and Adrian closes his eye to take deep breaths before he once again continues to glare at her.

"This is why! This is why you are not ready for the crown. It's not just a fancy little thing to be held in your head, Cry"

"Of course, I will not dare put it on my ankles, Ad" she jokes but he is not in the mood.

"Once you sit on that throne, declared a queen, you will not just be ruling this palace but our entire kind"

"I know that" she frowns.

"But do you know that, there are men in and out of this palace who does not like the idea of being ruled especially by a woman"

"I would not even imagine some one like the idea of being ruled by a woman especially after they have run a trial test of being in a woman's belly for nine months and then kicking her in from inside, trying to tear her apart before getting out of her body...

Well of course, no man or woman really likes to be ruled by a woman when that very woman is the reason, they are walking all over her, talking shit about her" she snaps having had enough of the debate about what man really does likes and not.

"Your father had high hopes that..."

"Well, he has long been dead so is my mother and this palace has no king left to be crowned, killed or rule. So, deal with it, move on, living in what ifs and maybes is no longer my forte"

*******

"No one will give a damn about your forte, Princess. Not when you have not thought about them! There are packs of wolves to be dealt with, clans of vampires to talk with, covens of witches to visit and..."

"Then do so, of course none of them think I will walk to where they live, do they? Because, being a crown princess it's high time they send their regards to me, just like no one gets to chose their parents, no one gets to chose a Queen because some of us are born to be one...

Now, if you will excuse us" Crystal states before she goes back to what she was doing before Adrian barged in.

"We will talk..."

"When you are calmed down enough to listen to me and not of the men that holds no value to me, but you value Ad, so we will definitely be talking later" she finishes for him and Adrian stares at her with gritted teeth.

"Very well then, Princess" he grumbles as he walks out of the room in anger.

*******

Marisa stands outside of the door to Giovani's office, sensing her he stops his work and glances her way asking her to come in but she shakes her head no asking him to take a walk with her.