Chapter 10

Crystal groans tiredly as she falls on the heap of straws and stares at the clear blue sky, she turns her head to the side and watches Destiny pile more of straws making her frown.

"Do we have to collect them everyday?" she asks with a groan.

"I cannot believe you are already tired, it's not even noon" Destiny points and Crystal takes a deep breath.

"How do you know, what to do? Do you like discuss it with your brother at dinner or something?" Crystal asks and Destiny walks towards the woman before she lies beside Crystal.

"I have been doing this I guess my whole life, I mean at first I used to watch Connor do this all day then I got bored so I followed him around and started to help him, pass him rope and stuff and then guess it became our thing...

After years of doing this, you kind of get a hold on it"

"So, you just know what to do?" Crystal asks the girl.

"Yeah, I mean this is all we know, this is all we have if we don't know how to handle our own farm who will?" Destiny grins as she stands up.

"Stop the gossip and back at work" Connor shouts making the girls to stare at his way.

"And you stop being annoying" Destiny shouts back at Connor who does not say a word as he enters the barn.

"Come on, Chrissie we need to pile them up faster before the caveman there wants his lunch" Destiny grumbles as she walks towards the straw.

"Caveman, I like that" Crystal grins as she goes to carry the straws.

*******

"Oh god, oh god, these are so good" Destiny moans as she eats the cake.

"Don't talk while eating" Connor frowns at his sister.

"Whatever, but it's so good, did you make it?" Destiny asks as she goes for another piece.

"Uh, no" Crystal replies as she glances at Connor who silently eats his food.

"Oh god, did you buy it then? Chrissie, these are expensive" Destiny gasps as she stares at the cake.

"Well, it's not a big deal" Crystal smiles and Destiny grins nodding her head.

"You are really nice, Chrissie, way better than Connor. He never lets me have any pastries; his answer is we have food in the home...

Uh, he will never understand we girls need sugar" she points and Crystal just smiles as she once again glances at her mate who just ignores them.

"Uh, well then I will see you tomorrow" Crystal states as she dries her hands after doing the dishes.

"Cool, bye" Destiny calls from the living area and Crystal looks around the house to see Connor who left as soon as he was done with lunch.

Closing the door, Crystal turns around only to gasps as Connor stands on the doorway, she blinks as he grabs her hand and puts some money.

"No, I..."

"Don't buy any pastries for us again" he states before walking in the house before she could say anything.

Crystal sighs as she hears him lock the door, before she turns to leave.

"Ewe, Connor, you stink, get away from me" Crystal smiles as she hears Destiny shouts at her brother and an idea enters in her head.

*******

"Princess" someone calls for Crystal who sighs before she nods at the man.

"Where are you coming from Princess?" the man asks curiously and Crystal clears her throat.