Chapter 34

"Find her!" Adrian growls as he slams his hand on the desk glaring at his men who glance at each other.

"We have been looking for her everywhere, Alpha but it's as if she has vanished in thin air" one of his men speaks and Adrian curses.

"What about the witches?" he asks next.

"The leader ran away; we cannot find any traces of them"

"Bloody witches, should have never trusted them from the beginning"

"We are not the only ones" one of his men comments making him frown.

"What do you mean?" he questions.

"The council has given an order to execute witches or any one who will do some sort of magic"

"When?" Adrian asks as he did not have clue about it.

"Just after we had a fight with those vampires. To cover their main motive, they have announced that witches have been teaming up to take control of everyone...

And because the former Queen, they believe because Crystal was once found doing magic, she is taking help of the witches to create an army to take over"

"What a nonsense!"

"Right now, council holds all the strings Alpha, right now voicing or even showing we are on Crystal's side will only bring death on our door"

"So, you mean we will just bow down our head so it does not get cut off from our shoulders?" Adrian asks his men.

"We are not worried about our lives Alpha; you know us better than that. But I am talking on behalf of all the other pack, who suffers...

Right now, this fight is not just about what's wrong or right, but it is about being alive and surviving this. We will always stay loyal to the Queen but our loyalty is bringing nothing but death of our fellow pack members. What happened to Antonio's pack, it's happening to others as well"

"I promised the King to always protect her" he sighs rubbing his face.

"Maybe we can come to an understanding with them" one of his men points and he frowns.

"Understanding"

"Yes, we suggest they stop hunting Crystal and they shall get our support"

"As if they need us" one of the other men scoff.

"They do not but this may help save Crystal's life. How long will we be able to protect her, how far will she be able to run or hide?" the man points and Adrian sighs before nodding his head.

"Get me a meeting with the head of council" Adrian asks before dismissing his men.

*******

"And you agreed?" Antonio asks as he stares at Adrian in disbelief.

"I would not be here if I did, so calm down"

"They let you walk out alive after that?" Romano asks Adrian who nods his head grabbing the glass on his hand.

"So, they want to monitor my son and I do not even have a say in it?" Antonio asks Adrian who finishes his drink in one go.

"Not just yours, they want the names and places of the kids she shared her blood with"

"And who is volunteering?" Romano asks raising his brow.

"My mood and head are as messed up as all of yours, if I do not do it someone else will do. Someone who will not think twice before hurting those kids"