Chapter 27

Crystal gasps as she jerks wide awake from her unconsciousness, gasping for air. Looking around she finds herself in her own room and gulps wondering if everything was just a dream, all those feelings of pain, hurt, anger, regret and loneliness, she wonders if those really were just a dream.

"Okay, calm down everyone she is alive" Dante claps his hands cheerfully as he walks and sits beside Crystal with a big grin on his face.

"Destiny" Crystal whispers as she pushes the cover away from her body.

"Ah, I know I am devilishly handsome but little red I am not your destiny" he replies but Crystal ignores him as she gets out of the bed and makes her way out of the room.

"Do not ignore me, I feel offended" Dante cries following her and Crystal starts to run bare foot out of her room.

"Just because this is a palace does not mean every girl has to run around dramatically, but whatever I like it" Dante grins as he too runs behind her as if they were playing.

But when she starts to make her way towards the gate Dante frowns speeding up to stop her, standing in front of her, he grabs her shoulders halting her on her steps.

"Dante?" Crystal frowns as if just now noticing her was there.

"Now that you have finally acknowledged me, lets pause and talk why you are acting like a lunatic, do yu have any idea what that does to my reputation. You were raised in my house under my parent's watch, this behavior of yours is ruining my family's name" Dante reminds making her stare at him with narrowed eyes.

"You have already ruined your family's name, Dante" she states directly and he grins mischievously.

"Ah, no wonder Ad blames me for your rebellious behavior. But, where are you headed to as if you are a main character of a movie who is running to go save the great love of her life, only to end up being fucked and pretend she is happy with his small dick?" he asks and the guards around the ground coughs, some pretending they did not hear him.

"I don't have time for this" she states trying to move past him.

"Oh please, time is the only thing we have, everything else will just fade away and are here to serve us as distraction" he scoffs before gasping.

"Oh my, did I sound grown up just now?" he asks her and Crystal sighs as he feels weak and puts her head on his chest to rest a bit.

"It will be such a shame if someone saw you like this my little red, weakness, some people live on other's weakness" he sighs as he puts his arms around her.

"I need to go"

"Me too, red, me too. Have been holding on my pee for quiet sometime, so let's go in and just let it go" he smiles but it drops from his face when she stares up at him with her tear-filled eyes.

"They killed her" she whispers and Dante's hold around her tightens a bit.

"Who?" he asks.

"Des, our little Des and I could not even protect her" she cries and Dante closes his eyes as he feels her sadness surround them.

********

Crystal slowly makes her way towards Destiny's grave, she looks at the tomb, before bending to pick up the dried flowers. She kneels down as she touches the tomb and dusts it off with her hands.

"Why did no one inform me she had a child?" Dante whisper asks to Warren who slowly gaze at Dante before he stares at Crystal.

"Goddamn you dogs, you could not even make sure she was mated properly. Not just she has a mate on loose, she has lost her child as well...