Chapter 09

Crystal sneaks in her room, as she left her mate's house as soon as he asked her to not come back. She knew not to linger and spoil her chances but as soon as she gets in her steps halts as someone was in her room and she was busted.

"Ah, finally" Giovanni Antonio exclaims as his eyes catches the sight of her, so putting the paper he was reading aside he gets up.

"Few more minutes and I would have sent the guards in search for you" he smiles and Crystal sighs as she pulls her cloak off her head before untying it.

"How long have you been here?" she asks hesitatingly.

"Long enough to not be fooled when I heard you wanted to rest, for the day. Princess Crystal only rests when she is tired...

Not when she has the whole place for herself just after Adrian left" he claps his hand and she narrow her eyes at him.

"So, you are here in behalf of Ad?" she questions as she sits on the bed and starts to pull her boot off.

"Why don't we take this talk to the gardens, I have stayed in here for a while" he requests as he pulls out her shoes from the rack and puts it in front of her.

"Very well" she nods before she puts on her sandals and walks out with him.

"Dare I say, what a good day it is" he smiles as he pats on her hand that was around his arm.

"Not if you are planning of giving me away to Adrian" she retorts making him laugh.

"Princess, I am not the one to spread gossip and if Adrian knew about this it will be my headfirst that will be cut off before he even comes to seek you...

And I have no intention to die unmated" he grins as he squeezes her hand in assurance and she takes a breath of relief.

"So, if you are not going to threaten me on about telling my escape to Ad why were you waiting for me in my chamber?" she questions to which she just gets a small smile from him as they keep walking.

*******

Antonio along with Crystal strolls around the garden quietly enjoying the evening air, both deep in their thoughts. After a while Antonio breaks the silence pulling Crystal out of her thoughts.

"I come from a long line of the family that has served the King for years, my family has been on the side of the Royals for as long as the history of this family has stayed...

But after the death of the King and your disappearance things took a different turn...

The throne was empty, and many had evil eyes set on it. And as one of the advocates to the King it was one of my responsibility to protect the crown from evil eyes...

No offence to the Royal family or you but really...

You will find many people around you Princess who does not care much about what happens to the Royals because some of them are fools...

Fool enough to believe that if they closed their eyes and do not see it, it never happens. Your father trusted Adrian to care for you, to made you ready for the throne he left in our care...

But my motives to stay here was not just to protect the throne but with the hope to sit on it one day" he states making Crystal stiffen as she halts on her step and he holds onto her hand as she tries to remove it.

"Stay still, Princess. Do not jump on to conclusions without hearing my say" he assures her, and she nods her head asking him to continue.

"All these decades wandering alone and even having so much power and richness I was not satisfied, something always felt amiss...