Chapter 11

"You are alive" Destiny shouts as she runs out of the door as soon as Crystal comes in view and hugs the woman.

"Hi" Crystal smiles as she hugs the girl back.

"Where were you? We got worried, when you did not arrive" Destiny smiles and Crystal ruffles the girl's hair.

"I have..." Crystal stops as Connor steps out of the house wiping his hands.

"Connie, look Chrissie is here, I told you she will come back. You must be busy right?" Destiny asks as she runs towards her brother.

"Yeah, I had a bit work" Crystal hesitates before she walks closer to the door.

"What is this?" Destiny asks as she grabs the bag Crystal had hold on.

"That's..."

"It's a soap and candles" Destiny gasps as she pulls out and smells it.

"It's scented" Destiny whispers in awe.

"Well I..."

"Thank you" Destiny wraps her arms around Crystal at once before she runs inside the house shouting, she was going to take a shower.

"Hi" Crystal smiles as she stands in front of Connor who says nothing and Crystal gulps before she goes to step inside but he steps to the side stopping her.

"What happened?" he asks as he grabs her hand and stares at the marks around her hands.

"I got burned while cooking" she lies as she tries to pull her hand away.

"What kind of cooking were you doing?" he frowns and Crystal stares in his eyes.

"Are you worried?" she asks hopefully and Connor lets go of her hand.

"I am because you look like trouble, trouble I cannot deal with. And stop bringing stuff for my sister, the ones I cannot afford and she does not get used to" he warns as he walks away and Crystal watches as he gets on the horse and rides away towards the town.

********

"Smell me" Destiny grins as she puts her arm out and Crystal holds smelling it.

"I feel so beautiful" Destiny sighs and Crystal smiles.

"You are beautiful"

"I know and one day a prince charming will come and take me away from this stupid place"

"You don't like being here?" Crystal asks.

"I love my brother but living this life sucks. Its same thing every day, wake up, make tea, go get grass for cows, collect eggs, make breakfast, check around the ground, water the crops, go to market to sell milk and eggs when every family in the village has hens and cows" she sighs and Crystal frowns.

"How does your brother earn money?" Crystal asks.

"Well, he goes and helps the villagers at times, he is really strong, so if they need help, they ask for him, he gets paid but some of them are so cheap they let him have more eggs or butter or bread. But Connor is so stupid he takes it quietly, says everyone has their own things to deal with and it won't kill anyone to be a little kind to each other" Destiny sighs before she grins.

"But the best thing is when he brings coffee or sometimes cakes, else it's same old more eggs" she informs.

"Did he go to help in the village again?" Crystal asks and Destiny nods.

"Yeah, there are broken fences to be mend and he did say someone's cow is going to give birth" she states.

"Okay, well what do you want me to do?" Crystal asks and Destiny groans.