Chapter 20

Walking out of Crystal's room Adrian sighs as he pulls a chain from his pocket and stares at the only remaining thing he had of the girl. Fisting he walks away but his father presence makes him stop as he shoves his hand in his pocket before staring at the man.

"We need to talk" his father states and Adrian nods before he follows his father and soon his mother joins.

"You already know why I am here" his father starts but Adrian says nothing.

"The girl has been announced as Queen and we all have accepted her as one. I think your duty is done and now you should return home" his father orders.

"My duties..."

"Belongs to your pack as well, Adrian. You brothers need you; the pack needs you"

"The pack already has an Alpha, father and it's an Alpha who leads the pack"

"Yes, by birth it's your brother's right but you know we need you. You are one of the strongest warrior Adrian, the new ones need to be guided, a good training from you" he points.

"I already have my chosen men"

"Then bring them along, Lord knows we need good, strong men in our pack" his father states making Adrian sigh.

"My duty is with Crystal"

"Soon, she will find her mate, get settled, he will bring on his own men. It has been decades you left the pack Adrian, it's time you return back home...

We understand and no one blames you for what your mate did, she was there not to be with you but to snatch the powers, it's time you learn to move, you can take another mate"

"I am never taking any mate" Adrian glares at his father who sighs before he asks for his mate to talk to him.

"When you decided to be part of the King's men, we never blinked. You wanted to walk out of the pack and we never stopped you Ad. And never have we asked anything else but right now the pack needs you, they need your guidance, your brothers are good and wise but they lack what you have...

Your focus and determination. So, please we request you to come back home with us, Adrian" his mother pleads and Adrian grits his teeth.

"We will not keep you tied to the pack, you train the boys, turn them into men and then you decide you want to stay in the pack or go your own ways" his father offers.

"I have duties towards my men as well"

"Then they can be part of our pack" his father adds and Adrian nods his head in agreement.

"I will have to talk with my men"

"We are going back tomorrow after the dawn; we will wait for you" his mother smiles as she cups his cheek before they leave and Adrian stands quietly as his spot.

*******

"The portion is ready; the moon is still shining in the sky this is the perfect time to put our spell"

"Erase the memories of the night and the man from every villager and the guards who was present at the fire" the woman commands.

"Yes, My Lady, do you want us to erase the memory of the Royal guard as well?"

"Yes, Crystal should never know what happened to her mate, she should never meet his again. Their union will bring chaos to us"

"Of course," the group echoes as the wall of the palace starts to buzz with the chant.

*******

"Leaving?" Crystal asks in shock as she gets up from her chair.

"You should not get up" Adrian asks as he walks to her and pushes her back down on her chair.