Chapter 41

Jade folds her arms as she stares from Connor to Crystal before eyeing her mate.

"Though the idea of pulling the soul out of someone's body sounds extremely idiotic for some reason somewhere inside me it feels kind of okay but what are the chances that Crystal will be alive and sane once the soul is out?" Jade asks and Jasper slowly turns his head towards Connor for answer.

"She will survive just like she did when you helped me pull the wolf's soul" Connor points.

"My wolf's?" Crystal asks him squeezing his hand tightly.

"Yes, the only con of it, was your hair turned from red to black" Connor points so Crystal touches her hair with a frown.

"My hair" she whispers.

"Yes"

"So, what? What will she lose this time?" Jade asks Connor who shakes his head.

"I don't know, but what I know is her life will not be in danger if that soul is out. They did not belong to her" Connor points making Jade sigh.

"I will need some ingredients that..." Jade stops as Jasper rushes out before walking in with a bag.

"I already got everything you need" he points and Jade narrows her eyes at her mate.

"I see, you knew I would say yes to this, or perhaps this was all a plan beforehand to let me see all those memories and letting me barge into this place?" Jade asks not liking the thought of someone fooling her.

"Actually..." Jasper starts but stops when Jade raises her hand in a stop sign.

"I think I have been deceived by my own mate for one too many times to hear about it again" she points and Jasper drops the bag down as he walks towards his mate while both Connor and Crystal gives the mate some privacy.

*******

"I know my disappearance and appearance has made you not trust me, but deceiving you is something I have never thought not even in my wildest dream, Jade...

The ingredients you need for the ritual, it has been safe with me for years. I saw what you needed the last time and I knew there would be a time when we will need it again, so I have t with me, always. As for the memories you saw, I never would have let you have it not because I was deceiving you, but we were just having some precaution in case someone tried to harm you because of your help you lend...

Yes, I ran away, yes, I should have done something better about it but I also know I will do it again and again if I have to, not for me, not for Connor but for this moment where many are breathing and alive in their own home. I could not save myself that night but I want to help save others, so they do not choose a life they were forced into...

I want a safe future for our kids Jade, a better, strong and clean future. All the time, all these years both Connor and I have done things, seen things we should not. We hunted, we got hunted, we killed but we will do it again if we have to....

So, please if you have to be angry at me, be mad at me but don't hurt yourself with the thoughts of me deceiving you. You are my mate, you are one person my hands will never raise to harm you, you know that, deep down you know that" he points and Jade stares at him for a long moment before stepping close to him.

"I don't care about the past but from here on, if even one memory of mine is erased by him, just know you have failed me as my mate. Just know every kiss we share will be filled with the lies I have no clue about; every touch is covered in deception and every word spoken by you are to hurt me because I will have no memories about this very moment...