Chapter 13

"Fresh cheese, Fresh eggs" Des screams at the top of her lungs to get the passerby's attention but fails, getting down from the table she glares at Crystal who was swooning watching her mate.

Making her way to where Crystal was, she pushes the girl who stumbles a bit.

"Stop ogling my brother, he has got enough of oglers. Instead help me sell our dairy and so that he can afford to rest a bit" she snaps at her and Crystal feels embarrassed.

"Do we have to sell them? Can you just not eat all of this?" Crystal asks Des who narrows her eyes and puts her hands on her hips as she stares at Crystal.

"Don't ask stupid questions Cry! Why do you throw carbon dioxide out and take oxygen in? Why not learn to survive with what you have?

I cannot wear egg shell to cover my body, I cannot take bath with cow milk. Or do you suggest we start to skin our cows and plaster our rooftop with that!" Des asks and Crystal stares at the girl apologetically for being so careless.

"I am sorry, Des" Crystal apologizes as she goes to help the girl, knowing how their lives were so different.

Even when Crystal and Destiny both girls did not have their parents alive, Crystal was raised between angels and with protection of powerful men while Des only had her big brother, yet the only thing the girl worried was about helping her brother out.

"You will be sorry when we go home with out a penny in our pouches" Des grumbles as she once again climbs the table and starts to scream.

Crystal wonders if she can use some magic to help them out but before she could think on it, a commotion attracts her. Turning around she finds few wolves running towards the village and her eyes narrows as wolves were not allowed to walk so freely in front of humans.

When a wolf jumps and crash onto a villager's shop, she gasps watching the wolf destroy the little shop the villager set up.

"These bastards" Des grumbles and Crystal turns around to stare at the girl in surprise.

"You know them?" she asks and Des nods her head as she holds Crystal's hand.

"Yes, this is why Connie never lets me come to market alone. They are the hounds"

"Hounds?"

"Yes, these are pets of the queen, a evil witch that she is, she send these goons of hers to collect our food, money and everything once a blue moon and they not just take away everything but destroy out things as well"

"Evil witch?"

"Don't worry, if we just let them have their fun, they will leave us alone and get out of here. This is why we never have enough money; she takes away everything from us while she wears lavishing clothes and leaves so comfortably on that palace high up in the mountains" Des informs and Crystal narrows her eyes as she once again watches the havoc the wolves are making.

"All Hail our Queen" someone shouts and Crystal gasps wondering if one of the palace guard saw her but when she finds all the humans get down on their knees, they chant hail the queen, she realizes they were just letting the fear of the queen in the humans.

Destiny not wanting these people to fear her tries to put her fear on the palace guards by stepping ahead but all of a sudden Connor is in front of her.

"Cover yourself" he hisses at her and her eyes widens at his demand.

"But..." she shakes her head no but he pulls the scarf around her shoulder putting it on top of her head.

"You..." someone shouts at them and Connor closes his eyes before slowly breathing out as he hurries to wrap the scarf and turns around hiding Crystal behind him.