Chapter 42

Crystal combs her hair wondering if she should braid it or leave it flowing down her back, getting up from the stool she makes her way out of the room to find Connor.

"Braid or let it flow?" she asks him and he pauses what he was doing to turn her way.

"Want me to braid it?" he asks and she nods her head.

"You know?" she asks in surprise.

"I used to do Des's hair so" he smiles before he walks to where she was and she hands him the comb.

With her back to him, Crystal smiles as he touches her hair before combing it. They both stay quiet enjoying the peace and silence as Connor braids her hair.

Finishing braiding her hair, Connor asks her to stay as he walks out of the room and Crystal waits, when he returns her has a crown made of flowers and silently, he puts it on her head.

"Where did you get this?" she asks staring herself in the mirror.

"You look beautiful" he smiles and she smiles back touching the flowers.

********

"Nature is a beauty" Crystal takes a deep breath with her head thrown out and up enjoying the sunlight.

"Must b a woman" Connor smiles as he stares at her happy face and Crystal turns to face him with a sweet smile.

"We should really visit this place more often you know" she states before she walks around the place barefoot on the grass. Connor quietly follows her watching her touching the flowers on her way, before she runs behind a butterfly, her laughter echoing around the creek and soaring his heart.

He stops when she makes her way towards the small river, jumping from one stone to another to walk to the other side. Turning back, she calls for him to hurry and he takes his time watching her freely walk around.

"I wish we had a home in here, you know. So, we could visit this place whenever, stay here for few days, life would be good and peaceful, don't you think?" she asks as she keeps walking.

"Oh, fish" she squeals and Connor raise his hand to grab her but she just drops down lying on her stomach to check the fishes"

"Oh no" she pouts turning to look at Connor as her flower crown falls and it floats away in the river.

Connor makes his way to get it but she stands and stops him to do so.

"Don't go, you will just get your clothes wet. You can make me another one" she points and they both watch the crown float away.

"Do you think these fishes are magical? Will we get cursed if we catch them and eat?" Crystal asks him and Connor bends down to grab one.

"Connor" Crystal groans as the fish in his hand starts to move fast once out of water.

"Put it back I was kidding" she explains and Connor lets the fish back in the water and the peace the fishes had is destroyed as all of them start to swim away from where Crystal and Connor were standing.

********

"They are running away, scared" Crystal sighs as she sits wrapping her arms around her knees staring at the fishes swimming away with a small pout.

Crystal feels Connor move away so with another glance at the river, she stands up and turns to follow her mate only to stop and stand still as she finds Connor on his one knee with rings in his opened palm.

"A moment with you had been the reason for me to keep living, walking moments without you. But no more will I survive even to take a breath without you because I am yours. I was yours when you walked in my home, I was yours when you walked out, I have been yours even in between the times you doubted...