Chapter 21

Connor lets go of the man and steps over him once he is dropped dead on the floor, wiping the blood with the back of his hand he stares at the dead man with eyes wide open laying on the alley. Crouching beside the body, he grabs the man's arm before pulling it apart, throwing in away he tears the man limb from limb and rearranges the body parts and disappears from the scene.

Diego sighs once he watches Connor disappear before he makes his way to stare at the vampire Connor killed and shakes his head as he checks what Connor did with the parts of the man.

"Darwin Carlos" the man's body parts arranged reads.

With a sigh, Diego walks away from the alley where Connor easily killed one of his brother's clam member giving a clear warning to Darwin who has yet to know who actually has been killing his men. Diego would have laughed and praised Connor if he could for the way the man had so easily made his kill without a mess, not leaving even a single stain or clue as to who he was.

*********

"You are back" Jade points as Connor stands on the door to Jade's office silently telling her he was back and once the woman acknowledges him, he turns to walk away but Jade calls his name.

"Come join me for a drink" Jade asks but Connor shakes his head no.

"I am full" he replies making Jade narrow her eyes at him.

"I am offering beverage to you Connor, not blood. I know every night you disappear to go hunt and every morning I check on news to hear any dead bodies laying but it seems you have more control on your takings" the woman points.

"If that is all..."

"I am your only ally at the moment Connor, you can free to walk out and in of here as you please, but know one thing, if trouble sniffs it's way in my pack..."

"This pack will never have troubles from me" he promises and she sighs.

"One can never predict the future Connor; you never even imagined the turn of events that took in your own life"

"I will leave..."

"And go where?" she demands making him frown.

"Exactly, at the moment you have no where else to go, so stay here, with us. Try to control the hunger, fight it, do not let the hunger blind you and take control of your senses" she warns and he says nothing before he nods her way and walks out while Jade watches the man leave.

*******

Closing the door to his room, Connor makes his way towards his bed and sits at the edge as he starts to pulls his boots off his feet. Pulling the jacket off his body, he takes out the locket he had found on his sister's grave before he lies on the bed with a sigh.

Holding the locket above his head he stares at the dragonfly swing before he drops it on top of his chest and closes his eyes.

*********

"Either he has lost his mind or I am going to" Diego sighs as he stares at the dead body on Connor's feet.

"What did you expect after he was turned into a vampire?" Aura asks her mate who gives her an irritated look.

"Do not give me that look mate" she warns and he groans.

"Of course, you don't think I will bring out my ballet shoes and dance because he just had his fiftieth kill" he asks her and she giggles.

"Would love to see you wearing a cute little dress as well, mate" she teases making him pout.

"I forgot to iron it" he replies sadly as he watches his mate laugh a loud.