Chapter 05

Crystal groans as she lies on the ground as all the muscles on her body shakes, she turns her head as Adrian charges towards her but she does not move at all as she does not have strength to even twitch her finger.

"Giving up so soon?" he asks as he puts his weapon down and she just breaths in relief.

"Your enemies, they will never have mercy" he continues as she just lies on the ground.

"Get up" he orders but she was in no condition to do anything at all.

"I would if I could" she grumbles glaring at him.

"Why don't you use that strength you have to glare me, to get up and fight?" he teases and she groans as she turns and gets on a crouching position to get up but fails as her body once again shakes.

"Weak" Adrian sneers as he grabs her arm and pulls her up to stand and she sighs as she falls in his arms.

"Shut up Ad, you are not my enemy so you have mercy on me" she asks and he sighs shaking his head before picking her up in his arms.

"There will not be a break on battle field, you may have to fight for more than few hours" he starts and she lies her head on his chest as she was too tired, tried than she imagined.

"Rest, I will send someone to mend you" he states as he walks in her room and puts her on her bed before walking out and closing the door and Crystal closes her eyes to just do so, rest.

*******

Crystal feels someone touch her but her eyes are too heavy for her to open it. Sighing she just goes back to her sleep until she feels cold.

Moving her hand she tries to pull her blanket but her touches something wet, she pats on it only to find she was laying on the cold ground. She fights hard to open her eyes and when she does her eyes widens as a loud scream comes out of her mouth at the sight in front of her.

A cold chill runs in her body as she gets up at once and moves away as a memory runs in her head, the man she thought was a dream was laying in his own cold blood while few women were surrounding him.

"What...what are you all doing?" she stammers as her gaze runs around the room, the place she did not knew existed until recent.

"Ah you are awake...finally" her mother smiles as she leaves what she was doing and makes her way towards her.

"Now come on, we need your help" she smiles as she touches Crystal's face.

"Help...but" Crystal eyes the man.

"Oh don't worry about him...come on, up we go" her mother smiles holding Crystal's hand only for Crystal to freeze as she stares at the blood in her hand.

"Oh you already are ready, good thing" her mother laughs tugging Crystal before her mother stands behind Crystal and whispers something in Crystal's ear and all of her senses are gone just like that, staring blankly.

"She is ready" her mother announces and the women stops moving aside as Crystal walks to where the man was laying.

*******

Crystal feels trapped in her own body as if looking inside from outside, she wants to stop herself but she cannot. She wants to scream but no words are out of her mouth.

Kneeling in front of the man she touches his wounded face before gripping his hair and tugging his head up as she dips her other hand on his blood and rubs it on the side of her face.

The chants from the women starts and as if knowing those words she chants with them and watches the man scream in pain before nothing but silence is all there is, no screams and no chants.