Chapter 35

Romano sighs as he looks around the trees, he frowns when he feels as if he has been roaming the same place again and again.

"Am I lost?" he asks as he stares at the area.

"I think I have just crossed these trees" he mutters before he walks to a tree and touches it, picking up the stone he trees to make a mark on it to check if the feeling of his is true or not.

Turning around he jumps to climb a tree and checks the area to see if someone was following him or playing some trick unaware that Connor was sitting on the tree that was right behind him.

********

Romano walks inside of the house and Adrian raises a brow at the man in question, without a word Romano makes his way to the cabinet, opens and drinks directly from the bottle.

"Does that mean the search was not fruitful?" Adrian asks and Romano glares at the man.

"Try to walk around the trees for hours long"

"Well walking..."

"Again, and again on the same damn place!" Romano snaps and Adrian nods in understanding.

"You think the council does not trust you?" Adrian asks and Romano shakes his head no.

"It was not the council, I could feel someone but I could neither hear, sense or feel"

"A witch?" Adrian asks.

"I will say witches are strong but not that strong, it was something greater than just the magic of the witches" Romano points.

"What about your men?" Adrian asks next.

"None of us could track the kids"

"Were they having the same problem as you?" Adrian asks and Romano shakes his head no.

"There traces suddenly it's lost"

"Meaning?" Adrian asks with a frown.

"Someone is after the kids as well" Romano starts and Adrian walks away from his desk staring at his friend.

"We had their traces but suddenly it's gone"

"Gone?"

"Yes, one moment they were there, but now it's all gone as if they never existed"

"Are you sure the council does not have any other team seeking the kids?" Adrian asks.

"Council are as wary as we are, they want to see and know what the powers these kids hold, Adrian. The only reason they are even saying yes to my help is because none of them are ready for the unknown"

"If this is not council's doing then whose? These kids being hidden, I get it but their traces being gone, I do not"

"Even I am wondering it all, this is someone we have no clue about" Romano mutters before both of them stares at the door as it bursts opens and Dante walks in.

"I have been grounded! Can you fucking believe it! First, I have to stay with angels and do not even get to think sensual things about them, then I have to stay with my parents and now I am grounded!"

"Then how come we are seeing you?" Adrian asks and Dante glares at him.

"Must be the supernatural eyesight Goddess Luna blessed you with" Dante grumbles as he walks to grab the bottle from Romano's hand.

"Heard you joined the team council" Dante states.

"Where have you been?" Romano asks as he takes a seat and Dante puts the bottle down.