Chapter 17

Please delete and re add Crystal because of confusion with chapter 16 and 17

Diego walks in his house calling for his mate, Aura walks out as she hears her mate's urgent call and a frown appears in her face.

"Uh-oh, what did Dante to now?" she worries which makes Diego frown.

"He did something?" Diego asks and Aura sighs.

"Well, I have not heard from him or about him for quiet sometimes so"

"I have not either" the woman smiles in relief.

"I will need to check on the boy, he has been unavailable for quiet sometime now"

"I think we over did it on raising him" Aura smiles in guilt.

"You along with all of your hundreds of angelic sisters" he points and she giggles making her way to her mate's side.

"You seem troubled when you called me" she reminds him and he sighs as he realizes what he was thinking when he came home.

"I need your help"

"Uh-oh" she smiles making him chuckle.

"I think Crystal is brewing trouble"

"Our little Cry?" she asks with a frown.

"Yes, I smelled a scent on her, even if she tried to lie and hide about it. I could smell a male on her, his scent was lingered on her skin"

"Did she find her mate?" Aura asks in excitement.

"Maybe, but whoever he is she is not ready to tell us about him and that is what worries me"

"Why?"

"If he was one of us, she would not have hesitated so that means he is not like us"

"How can you be so sure, maybe they want their relation to stay quiet for a while"

"Baby, a male will never want to stay quiet about the woman he is involved with, especially if that woman is his mate. And, it's Crystal who is doing the hiding part"

"So, what now. You do know you cannot poke in on things around"

"I cannot but, my involvement seems necessary if this scent whoever it was, is not one of us"

"Meaning"

"Crystal does not know but by the involvement with this man, she may have brewed a trouble for him"

"What are you thinking?"

"Feel the scent through my senses and let's pinpoint who this man is"

"What if it's nothing, she may..."

"I would not ask you of it, if I was not so sure Aura, my guts are screaming for me to find this man and soon" Diego interrupts her and Aura sighs nodding her head as she cups her mate's cheek.

"I believe in my mate's beliefs" she smiles as they join their forces to pin out the man with a scent different than their kinds.

********

"Stay still" Marisa asks of Crystal who fidgets in her place looking round anxiously.

"I am"

"You look jumpy" Marisa points out and Crystal sighs.

"It's because I will be late"

"You already are" Marisa whispers.

"I should have sneaked out early"