Chapter 31

"I cannot believe she could do it"

"Yeah, that's incredible"

"I would have done same, if I had that much power"

"Oh, shut it, you are too selfish to do anything"

"As if you are so generous" the women bicker as they walk past Connor's room while he stays inside and tries to ignore the chatter that has taken up everyone with a storm.

The news of the Queen saving the infants and the needful mates have spread out like fire after she saved the son of the Alpha of Antonio pack and now, she has been busy saving other with her blood.

"Maybe she is a witch, you never know" someone adds and Connor sighs as he stands up before walking out of his room to find the some of the women gathered talking, some looking after the kids and sone just enjoying the day.

After looking around his eyes lands on Jasper who was standing with his arms fold, back to the wall and grinning at Connor.

"Yo" he calls waving his hand and Connor steps closer to the man

"Yo" Connor replies back.

"Nice weather, don't you think?" Jasper asks and Connor looks around before he glances back at Jasper.

"You could say that" he agrees.

"So, slept well?" Jasper asks as they start to walk around.

"Kind of, you?" Connor asks.

"You could say I did"

"Where's Jade?" he asks next.

"Probably busy learning some tricks I guess; this is like her element. When I found out she can do magic I thought maybe she used her magic on me, making me think we are mates"

"That would have been quiet a moment"

"Yeah, but then she beat me up before I had to believe we were mates"

"You took the beating?" Connor asks surprised.

"Like a good mate"

"You like her being bossy" Connor chuckles.

"Of course, she fucking owns the stage when she is all Alpha on her pack's ass. It's fun to watch. So, you don't mind her"

"For all I care, she can be anyone as long as I do not have to handle her pack. Not the Alpha male kind of guy, you see" he points making Connor frown.

"Men like me, Connor, we just want a simple, stress free life. A warm home, warm bed, warm heart" Jasper adds.

"But we do not get what we like. Life does not work that way" Connor throws in making Jasper sigh.

"Point. But we cannot always stay sad about the events, eventually you grow away from it. I was rogue for decades, a lone wolf, just wandering around until I met Jade and it was as if nothing mattered, the times without her just fade away...

Now, now all I want to do she watch her command others and then come back to me for comfort and some peace. Peace, I could give her that even if it's for a moment just as she gives me" he grins patting on Connor's back.

"Tell Jade to be there on time" Connor states as soon as they are far away from the witch's clan and Jasper nods watching Connor jump through the trees.

*******

Connor jumps inside of the palace, he stops to look around the area to check if there was someone, when he finds the area clear, he lets his senses do his bidding to find his mate.