Chapter 23

Jade storms to her office and walks in leaving the door open, she glares as Connor silently walks in before standing at the doorway.

"Explain!" Jade demands and Connor silently turns before he closes the door shut before staring at Jade.

"It's you who needs to do the explaining, you gripped me with something and it definitely was not your wolf's power but something"

"Suddenly you are an expert on wolves?" she asks and he narrows his eyes at her.

"You are not just that" he accuses and she tilts her chin up stubbornly.

"You are a newly turned vampire but the speed and power you showed, the control you have in your nature, that's a bit questionable, don't you think?" she asks him.

"I did not knew we were here to share our secrets" he comments making her narrow her eyes at him.

"I know a bit witchcraft" she confesses and he raises a brow in surprise.

"An Alpha knowing black magic?" he asks.

"Not black magic" Jade informs and Connor stands quietly so she continues.

"My mother, she was friend with some witches and well she learned from them before teaching me it. I am surprised it took you so long to ask me about it though as I used it while we met in your village" she points but Connor says nothing.

"I also know you have been hunting down other vampires, I am surprised no one has raised any questions on the dead ones" Jade points and Connor nods his head.

"I am sorry if my presence in this pack is being stressful"

"No, but your actions may bring one"

"I will be sure to be more discreet on my killings from now on" he states and Jade sighs.

"I understand your hunger..."

"It's not hunger" he growls and Jade takes a seat as she understands.

"If you could give me some names maybe my pack can help you to look for them" she points and he shakes his head no.

"This is my problem"

"Connor, if you share I am sure I can help you"

"You helped me enough Jade but this is the only thing I will allow you to do for me"

"So, you won't tell me about who hurt you?"

"It does not matter, I am getting closer to him"

"So, you do know him?"

"Just one, I don't know other two"

"Three of them?" she frowns as she tries to figure out who might it be.

"If you need my help it's still on the table"

"I don't know how it happens but with each sucking I can feel this surge of power inside of me as if it's not just their blood but even their abilities and powers I am sucking" he admits and Jade nods.

"Maybe you are, have you known what your abilities are each one of us has" she asks and he nods once but when he does not share she does not ask.

"I have to go" he asks and Jade sighs before nodding her head dismissing him.

"Just don't die" Jade teases as Connor steps out of the door but at her words she stops.

"One needs to be alive to die" he states as he disappears.

********

Few months later....

Crystal sighs sadly as she goes through the letter before she burns the paper, a letter she got from Marisa with the sad news.