Chapter 04

"Wake up" someone shakes Crystal who groans pushing the hand away.

"Crystal" the voice starts to get loud jerking her awake.

Groaning and grumbling she makes her way towards the door and opens it to be pushed inside as her mother along with few women walks in.

"What's going on?" she yawns before she checks out of her window to find nothing but darkness.

"I have been calling your name for hours" her mother speaks and Crystal scoffs before clearing her throat as her mother glares her way.

"What is it mother?" she smiles but before she can get answers the women that came along with her mother starts to pulls few things from the bags she did not knew they had.

"Uh, what is going on?" she asks looking around.

"Now, we need to start the ceremony" her mother speaks before she gets dragged inside the circle made by the woman and next thing Crystal knows she is standing in front of a shouting Adrian.

"Uh what?" she spaces out as she looks around to find her on the training fields.

"Are you even listening to what I have said?" Adrian shouts once again and she winces.

"Blow my eardrums as well along with your vocal cords" she grumbles not understanding a thing.

"You have been spacing out" he snaps and she once again looks around not understanding how she end up in the training fields as just a while ago she was with her mother.

"Why am I here and how?" she questions.

"I have to break your door to wake you up and ever since you have been doing exact opposite of what I asked" he sighs as he throws his sword aside and Crystal realizes she too has one in her hand and just for fun of it just as Adrian turns around she pokes on his ass with the tip of the sword.

"What the..."

"Focus else next time you will have three assholes" she teases taking her stance and he bends to grab his own.

"Three?" he asks in confusion.

"Yeah, as we can all agree on about you being an asshole as well" she grins and if his glare could kill her they would be announcing a new queen.

"A lady never talks about..."

"Ugh, I know but I am not a Lady but a Queen and we Queens have our own way" she grins before they start the training.

*******

Crystal hides in the library away from Adrian's nagging self, she throws her legs on the nearby table and lies feeling bored as the only thing waiting for her were her teachers who has been teaching her everything that is not needed.

She cannot even walk out without not having every eyes turning over her, all she wants to be alone and do what she wants to do. She misses her days where she was away from the place and living her life on her own terms.

"Ugh, this is so pathetic" she grumbles banging her hands on the sofa cushions as she looks around the big room.

A loud commotion out of the door makes her stand up at once, so she looks around to hide thinking its Adrian searching for her.

"Leave me alone" she grumbles running around the room to find a place to hide.

Slipping between the racks of the books Crystal keeps on stepping back to hide at the corner, she yelps as her hand slips down and the wall gives in.