Chapter 39

Connor nods his head as he finds Jasper waiting him outside of Summer's pack. Jasper smiles back n greeting as he jogs closer to Connor.

"Still in dog house?" Connor asks Jasper who groans.

"Well unlike yours my mate was not so happy to see me back. Will need to do some more groveling"

"Then do" Connor grins making Jasper to roll his eyes.

"I heard you caught the witch" Jasper points and Connor nods his head with a sigh before they start to walk around.

"Good thing I reached on time" Connor states and Jasper raises a brow staring at his friend.

"What happened?" Jasper asks.

"Coral was spilling things in front of everyone, things no one should have known not even Crystal"

"The truth?" Jasper asks.

"Yeah. The lies I created in their heads. I had bind them all with my magic as soon as I stepped in the building where Coral had trapped Crystal and others. Made them listen to what I wanted them to, good thing Coral is dead now"

"But you feel guilty for fooling others?" Jasper asks.

"I do not know what I am feeling"

"Maybe admitting the truth in front of your mate will help" Jasper suggests.

"I wish it was that simple, where will I even begin with? I don't think I will stay around for long"

"Don't tell me you are back only to leave her again, Con, this time you will completely break her, man if you leave" Jasper warns.

"But she will hate me for what I have done, for what I have been doing"

"True, let her hate you for that but don't break her for that, Con. You had your own reasons to do what you did"

"I cannot stay with her with this guilt in me" he sighs and Jasper puts his hand on Connor's shoulder.

"As your friend, I want you to stay by her side, not just for her but for yourself as well. For years you have been around without a home Con, it's time you have one" Jasper tells before he turns around to stare at his pack.

"Gotta go, she is not letting me out of sight for more than few minutes. I swear I just feel lucky they let me pee in peace" Jasper sighs.

"Sorry for the mess, Jas" Connor apologizes and Jasper waves his hand.

"Nah, would still get dragged into that mess if I got the chance again" Jasper grins and Connor nods as he watches Jasper runs back into the clan.

Moving several feel closer Connor touches the barrier around stopping him from walking in, he hears the slight growl, before dropping his hands down.

"You and I, we both were not meant to be in her life" he whispers to the wolf soul trapped in Summer pack as he too leaves the place.

********

Crystal paces back and forth around the room looking at the door time and again to check on Connor, he was late. Not that he had promised her any time, but still he was late in her head.

The chime of the door snaps her head and puts halt on her steps. She smiles brightly as soon as he enters the place, hurrying she grabs her coat on the way to where he was.

"You are late, I have been waiting on you, for, forever. Let's go" grabbing his arm she starts to pull her along with her.

"Where are we going?" he asks and she smiles at him.