Epilogue: Part 36

2 May, 2013.

15 years since The Battle of Hogwarts. 15 years since The Fallen Fifty. 15 years since Voldemort was defeated. 15 years since we lost Lavender, Colin, Tonks, and Remus.

15 years since we lost Fred.

I was awoken by the sounds of my own cries. I shot up in bed, George immediately followed suit and we grabbed hands. Both awoken by our own nightmares.

"Love, you okay?!" George asked frantically.

"Yes. Are you?!" I turned to look at him and rubbed his back.

"Yes.." he looked sad. We'd been both been thinking about this day a lot recently, so it was fresh in our minds.

I looked at my watch, 6a. We decided to stay awake. I made the bed and he went to check on the twins (Rox and Frederick were with their mom this week). They were both sleeping soundly in their separate bedrooms. George walked out to meet me in the kitchen, and he kissed me on the top of my head. I was making us tea and toast.

We both looked toward the fireplace and glanced up toward the mantle where Fred's painting now lived. He wasn't there, and for a moment we panicked.

"Where's he at?" I said.

"Dunno.." George said as he walked toward the painting. "Freddie!"

I could tell he was panicking, "I'm sure he's just at the burrow love.."

"Fred!"

"Bloody hell! I'm coming Georgie!" Fred said from somewhere beyond our view. I could see George sigh.

"Oi! Where the hell were you?!" George asked when Fred walked into view.

Fred waved at me before he addressed his twin, "at the burrow, ya git!"

"Oh.. that's what Mary said.." he looked over his shoulder at me. I just chuckled.

"So today's the day?" Fred asked.

"Right. 15 years since we lost ya Freddie.." George rubbed the back of his head. I walked over to join them near the fireplace.

"It's been so weird Fred.."

"I know. I miss you guys.."

"We miss you."

"Y'two better not be crying today!" Fred demanded with a wink.

"I'll leave you two.." I said.

George grabbed my hand and had me stand with him, "this means a lot to you too." He smiled at me. We stood in awkward silence for a moment, before Fred spoke again. "Y'two.. I'm so happy you're together. My best girl, an' m'best mate in love?! I knew you'd end up together after all this.." he was genuinely happy. George and I just rubbed hands and looked down at the fireplace.

I smiled and looked up at Fred, "we miss you."

George walked away toward the bathroom, he was crying.

"It's hard for him.. most days are, but anniversaries are worse. Especially with the kids only getting older, they understand it more now. We both had nightmare's last night too.."

"I'm glad he has you love," Fred smiled gently.

"I'm glad I have him.." I smiled back.

George emerged from the bathroom, with red eyes.

"Love, c'mere." I gestured to George. He walked up and wrapped me in a hug from behind, resting his head down on my shoulder.

"Lot... it's okay! I'm happy! Saw mum & dad today, they cried too.. can't take it anymore!" He laughed. "Smile for me Mar.." I did.

George moved from my waist & went to touch the painting. He touched it and smiled.