Epilogue: Part 7

1 April, 1999, the twins' 21st birthday! It was a Monday. And it was just George's now.. but still one of the best days of the year! George spent the weekend with us at the burrow, and he was sleeping in his bed across the room from me.

I looked behind me at painting Fred, he was seeping in the painted chair. "Happy birthday Freddie!" I whispered.

I looked back at George, his chest was slowly rising and falling as he dreamed. He looked so peaceful. Shame.

"GEORGIE! GEORGIE! Wake up!!" I screamed as I laid on top of him, kissing his cheek.

"Mmmm..." he growled. "Mar. It's early.."

"But! It's your birthday!" I resorted to smacking his bum until he fully awoke and looked at me.

"I guess it is!"

"Only the second best day of the year! Happy birthday!!" I shouted as I kissed his cheek once more. "Get up!!"

"Mmmm, fine! I'm up!" I hopped off the bed, and he stretched. His shirt rose up a bit and exposed his abs. My heart skipped a beat, and I blushed ever so slightly.

He caught me staring, "what Mary?" He smirked.

He saw the guilty look on my face. "Nothing! Would you come on??"

"I have to get to work, Mary. I'll come back for dinner and gifts late.."

I interrupted him, "well actually Georgie.. your job situation is part of my gift!" I bit down on my lip with excitement. "I'm just tellin ya, I can't wait anymore!" I ran over and opened my trunk that sat at the foot of my bed. "Look! Say hello to your new shop supervisor!" I beamed as I held up the Weasley shop colored outfit I picked out a few days before his arrival.

"Wait.. what?!" He looked confused, but relieved at the same time.

"Yes sir!" I smiled. "I can't stand to see you so tired from working there by yourself. So until Ron finally comes on full time, I can be another body!"

"Mary.. I can't ask you to do. What about school?" He became less happy now.

"Lemme worry about that! I didn't even apply to the program yet.. so we have time!"

He smiled at me, then walked over and pulled me in tightly for a giant hug. "No wonder Fred loved ya so much. You're pretty incredible," he sighed.

"Of course she is," the paining scoffed.

"You just now noticing?" I teased as well.

He pulled back to make eye contact. "Thank you Mary, really." He kissed the top of my head and let me get dressed for my first day.

After I was ready, I headed downstairs where George was. He was sitting at his usual spot at the kitchen table. He looked sadder than usual, but also at peace. We all knew this day would be extra hard. "Georgie," I said as I walked toward him. He looked up. "I got you something else for your birthday.."

"Don' worry, I'm not sad Mary... what'd ya get me?" He smiled.

"Come here," I motioned for him to stand next to me. I reached up and kissed his cheek. "Close your eyes Georgie!"

"Oh Merlin.." he laughed. "I gotta get to work, love."

"Shhh!"

I whistled, and the front door of the burrow opened. George sighed as I hugged him from the side.

"Open, love." I could hardly contain myself as he opened his eyes.

"An... Angelina?!" He said, his eyes wide. "You called her?!" He picked me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "For you, Georgie. She and I are okay now... happy birthday!" He picked me up higher, and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"What about work, sweets?" He asked.

I let go, and looked up at him. "Ron and I got it, Georgie! Go! See ya later!"

Angelina was away at school, studying to become a Healer. Her and George were still rocky and hadn't seen each other since the funeral last year.

"Mary Fudge," George started. "You're the most amazing person I've ever met!" He kissed my cheek and ran to meet Ang at the door.

"Go!" I whispered and they walked out the door with a smile.

I walked back upstairs. "I know that was hard love.. but it means a lot to him," I heard painting Freddie say when I entered my bedroom.

"Bloody hell! You scared me to death Freddie!"

"Oh, sorry love!" He laughed.

I laughed back, "it's fine. How'd ya know I did that?"

"I know everything..." he winked.

"Funny love.. this is still lil wonky for me Fred."

"I know love, it'll be okay." He smiled. His smile was still beautiful, even in painting form.

I started working at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes this day.