Chapter 16: The Wedding Doom

A few days later, George's ear, or what was left of it, was starting to heal a little. It looked good.

Harry had buried Hedwig at the Burrow with the help of Ginny and myself. Fred spent his time with me and George.

Bill and Fleur's wedding was today, 1 August. I loved dressing up— good excuse to give Freddie a heart attack.

I was in the twins' room getting ready; I did my hair and makeup with the girls, but purposely got dressed in their room. My dress was gold, knee-length, and low cut in the front. It zipped to my lower back, leaving my shoulders and upper back exposed, like a keyhole. It latched at my neck.

I was putting my earrings in when I heard someone stop in the doorway.

"Don' just stand there gawking, Freddie." I said as I turned around.

"Blimey," he blushed as I walked toward him. "You look.. smashing," he reached out and grabbed my waist, and pulled me toward him.

"Thanks Freddie," I winked.

"I wanna shag you so bad right now.."

"No one's stopping you Fred," I batted my eyes at him. I reached forward and pushed the door shut. He took out his wand and pointed it at the door, "silencing charm."

"Good," I whispered as I pulled him toward me, and onto the bed. He fell on top of me and unzipped my dress. I pulled off his shirt and undid his belt. We fell into each other, full snog. My nails were digging into his back, as he thrusted his pelvis against me while his piece was consuming my insides. Thank Merlin for that silencing charm.

After what felt like 3 hours, he removed himself from my quim, and we laid next to each other to collect ourselves. I rested on his slightly sweaty, warm chest. He ran his fingers through my hair.

"Fred! Mary! What the bloody hell are you two doin? It's time for pictures!" we heard a voice ask. It was Ron. He knocked on the door.
Fred retracted the silencing charm.

"Oi, nothin mate! We'll.. be along soon... bugg off," Fred was out of breathe and Ron knew it.

"Oh.. Blimey! Just come down later.. bloody hell!" Ron said as he walked away. He was disturbed at what he thought he interrupted.

Fred and I erupted into laughter.

"I love you," I said through the laughter.

"I love you too," Fred laughed back.

I changed my panties, redid my hair, and re-zipped my dress, before I helped Freddie with his suite. We hustled downstairs, beaming with the fresh scent of our shag session. Every time one of us made eye contact with Ron the rest of the day, Fred and I would laugh. Arthur and Molly were none the wiser.

The wedding was absolutely joyful! Ginny and Fleur's sister were her bridesmaids, and Charlie Weasley was the best man— it was good to see him! I hadn't since my first Christmas with them. He and Bill were the closest in age, so it made sense. The rest of the boys were included too.

At the reception, while everyone was dancing, I noticed that Remus, some Auror's, and other friends of The Order were standing guard outside of the tent where the reception was.

I went out and offered a glass of wine to Remus, "no thank you Mary. I know you just came out here to see if you could help," he winked at me.

"No!" l said. "Okay, yes.."

"Go back inside, have fun! We're okay. And Mary, it's not your fault," he said before patting my back as I ran back inside. I felt guilty about Moody's death situation and wanted to help, Remus knew that. Bloody werewolf senses or whatever the hell.

I sat down at a table and began to search for Freddie, I didn't see him at first. Then I did. He was talking to some of Fleur's Veela (beautiful semi-human magical beings, with white hair. Fleur was 1/4 Veela) family. I scowled at him and he came running over. "Love, care to dance?" he asked in a panic.

"Sure you don' wanna dance with one of them?" I gestured back to where he was, and crossed my arms.

"My sweet!" he yelled as he got on his knees. "I love you and only you, NO VEELAS will come between us! Please dance with me!" He was bloody screaming his lungs out. I was bright red, and laughing with my hand over my mouth.

"Fred Wesley, I bloody love you!" I screamed. He picked me and carried me to the dance floor, where he put me down and we began to laugh.

"You're so dramatic," I said to him when we started dancing.

"And that's why you love me sweetheart," he answered before kissing me.

Several songs later, the frivolity was interrupted by a loud burst of light. The ball of light floated to the middle of the tent, and stopped. Bill pushed Fleur behind him, as Fred did with me.. but I moved out around him, and walked toward the glowing orb. It seem to have images in it and I wanted to see. Fred followed and grabbed my hand when I stopped again. Fleur looked concerned by it, as did Bill. Everyone did.

The orb began to rotate and a voice emerged from it and said: 'The Ministry has fallen. The Mnistry of Magic is dead. You are you not safe..'

"Mum!" I gasped as I grabbed Fred's hand.

The guests standing guard outside ran in right as the orb exploded. Death Eaters crashed through the roof. One of the crashes separated me and Fred.

"Fred!" I cried out as I crawled around searching for him. Hermione was crying out for Ron too.

"Mary!" I heard Fred yell back.

I stood up then. "Freddie!" I ran toward his voice.

I panicked, I didn't see him.

Then he was there.

He grabbed my face, "I thought they got you!"

"Not today sweetheart," I kissed him. "I have to go to mum!"

He pulled me toward George and Charlie. "I'm coming with you. Always!"

"No Fred, stay here with Georgie!"

"I got him," Charlie said reassuringly.

"Go! Safe house later. Go!" George yelled as he ducked away from a death eater. I heard Harry yell for Ginny; her mum grabbed her. Ron and Hermione lost each other for a moment as well— Ron's calls to her were awful. Remus was yelling at the three of them to go as well.

It was bloody chaos. I took Fred's hand and apparated to the Ministry.