Epilogue: Part 27

1 February, 2003. I was due in four days.. I was going to be a mum to twins, in four days.

I was at the ministry this morning, presenting to the board (my boss in the magical creatures department; Minister of Magic; other heads of various departments) regarding an influx of magical creature breeding applications I'd received over the past several month. I also had a very important mission of mine that I needed to discuss with them.

"Members of the board, I bring to you today, an important matter that should be up for review immediately: the status of how the wizarding world, and my department, view Veela's. We need to lower the threshold of protection to 1/8 Veela. They have been accepted by the wizarding world for centuries. We need to extend protections to reach their children as well."

"Ms. Milwood," my boss Johan Strew started. "I'm fond of your ambition." He smirked. I smiled back.

"What say you?" He asked the other board members. 

"Agreed!" They all answered and smiled.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you all so much!"

Back in January, Bill and Fleur wrote to me. We discussed Vic, and how Fleur was worried about her blood status. She was 1/8 Veela and until today, the protection (though it was hardly an issue as Veela's were respected) only protected down to people who were 1/6 Veela. She knew it wasn't an issue, but still worried of course. I promised her I would change that. I did.

"Oh, Ms. Milwood, before you go," the Minister of Magic, Kingsley Sacklebolt said. He stopped me before I exited the large room where my presentations were held.

"Yes, Minister?"

"You have shown great promise, growth, and fairness in your position."

"Thank you sir!"

"Mr. Strew and I were discussing something before the meeting; he's set to retire the end of the year. He wants you to take over."

"Sir?! Me?! But I'm.. as you see, not ready. Of course, I'd absolutely love to.. it's just." They were laughing as my haste.

"Oh.. end of the year you said?" I blushed.

They were both laughing, "yes Ms. Milwood, at the end of the year."

Johan smiled warmly, "if you're back by then, and feel well enough, I wouldn't want anyone else to have the job."

"Oh sirs, thank you so much. I would be honored!"

"It's settled then! But please do let me know if you're not ready, I can certainly hold off retirement if you aren't ready to leave the little chaps yet!"

"I will sir, thank you so much!"

I got my dream job..

I took the nearest fire place home to the burrow, I couldn't wait to tell mum and dad Weasley!