Epilogue: Part 5

Seamus, Neville, and I had a fabulous lunch at the new pub in town. I wanted to bring George back a treat— shepherds pie. He loves shepherds pie.

"Thank you boys, SO very much! It was wonderful to see you!" I beamed as I as wrapped my arms around each of them, as Seamus took the container of pie from me.

When we got back to the Weasley shop, Seamus handed me the pie and I hugged and kissed them both on the cheek. They kissed my cheeks back and headed toward the end of the street. They rounded the corner, out of sight.

I sighed with happiness as I headed into the shop. The shop was quiet, (only open every other Sunday now; George was short staffed and it was too much to do on his own. Ron was there, but only part-time for now). Only the sound of the Pygmy puff's, and shop Phoenix's snores were heard. "Georgie!" I yelled for him, but didn't see him or hear call back. "I brought you shepherds pie dear!" I still didn't hear him, but I remembered that he was doing paperwork, so I headed for the office. I reached the short hallway to the office and looked into the small room. I saw him, he was sitting at the desk, with his head in his hands. I knew he was crying, so I walked in.

"George.." I said calmly as I entered.

I scared him a little, but he looked up at me with tears in his eyes, "Mary! You're back.."

He sniffled, "di'ya have fun?"

"I did!"

"Good!" He looked back down at his desk.

"Georgie.. are you sad because you miss Freddie or because you can' give me what he was going to today?" I pulled his chin up.

"Both Mary.. both.." he leaned into my chest.

"G.. " I continued as I kissed the top of his head. "You are George. Not Fred, and that's okay! You're my best friend. You saved my life! You both did!" I paused to hold back tears, "I miss Freddie every single day, and yes today's hard, but I have you! This is a wonderful birthday! And of course you can't give me what he was gonna, but I don' expect ya to! I know you talked with him about my gifts.. but those are what Fred was gonna get me, not George." I sniffed before I continued. He was squeezing me tight. "Give me what Georgie would give me. Not Freddie."

"I miss him Mary, a lot." He said, his head still buried in my chest.

"I do too George, I do too," I replied stroking his hair. After hugging for another few minutes, George and I took the port key back to the burrow.

It was Mrs. and Mr. Weasley's turn to unnecessarily spoil me.