Epilogue: Part 8

I spent the entire spring of 1999 working at their shop. I loved it! I normally didn't enjoy interacting with strangers, but something about being at the shop, changed that for me.

14 June came around, the day I was set to hear back from the Ministry regarding my application for the Magizoology Program through the Department for Regulation of Magical Creatures and Beasts. Newt Scamander was one of my favorite persons from history, and getting to do something he did, would be amazing.

Around lunch time, my owl, Gemma, flew to the window of George's flat; I'd been staying there during the week so I could get to work easier. George stood up to get it, "oi! Love.." he questioned.

"Yes Georgie?" I replied.

"Your owl's here! Oh! says it's from the Ministry!"

"Oh no.. it's their decision to my application for Magizoology!"

"C'mere an' open it Mary!" I was dreadfully nervous— not only because I wanted to get into the program, but I also liked working with George and Ron at the shop, and was already thinking about possibly having to leave.

I walked over to George, pet Gemma, gave her some treats, and sat on the couch and started to open the letter. George wished Gemma well, and sat down next to me. He put his hand on my thigh as I opened the letter.

I looked at the seal, 'Ministry Of Magic.' I opened it and began to read the parchment aloud:
'Ms. Mary Milwood,
We reviewed your application for the Magizoology Program at the Department for Regulation of Magical Creatures and Beasts. We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for the sole spot in the program. We received several letters of recommendation for you regarding this position. Those, combined with your exquisite O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts scores in Care of Magical Creatures at Hogwarts, and your application, left us no choice but to award the position to you! Congratulations! The program covers many areas of study in the realm of Magizoology. However, we'd like to start you as the Magical Creatures Breeding and Raising Supervisoryou will be solo, and it will be paid employment. But according to professors Sprout, Hagrid, Kettleburn, McGonegall, and one George Weasley, you will excel in this position and will have no trouble handling it yourself. Also, no need to relocate. You're very bright, and we are pleased to have you. Welcome to the Department for Regulation of Magical Creatures and Beasts!
Respectfully,
Sir. Kingsley Sacklebolt, Minister of Magic. Johan Strew, Head- Department for Regulation of Magical Creatures and Beasts.'

"George Weasley! What did you do!?" I asked as I beamed with happiness. I hugged him.

"You did this yourself Mary, I just told them what everyone already knows."

"You're amazing, Georgie! I have to write and thank the professors!" I kissed George on the cheek and sat down to write my 'thank you' letters.