Epilogue: Part 49

1 September 2015, George and I prepared to drop the twins, and Fred (and Roxanne) off for another year. "Georgie, the kids'll be fine. And I don't teach till the spring... let's go somewhere!" I said as we waved to the kids.

"Where?" He smiled as he wrapped me in his arms. "Oh! I forgot.. I gotcha something love! Late anniversary gift.." he smiled shyly that he forgot.

"Oh sweetheart! Don' worry about it! Thank you! Let's get some tea and you can give it to me!"

We went to a little cafe near the shop, and he pulled out a box.

I handed him a wrapped package, "you weren't the only one who forgot..." I winked.

"Thank Merlin!" He laughed. "You first!"

I grabbed the box and opened it. "Oh an Amortentia! Georgie, thank you!" I took a sniff, "hmm.. birch wood, cinnamon, and mint fudge! It's you this time! Last one was the twins!"

He smiled, "lovely!" He started to open my gift to him. "Mary.. they're beautiful! Thank you love."

"Glad you like them, my love!"

I got him customized cuff links, embroidered with 'W x 2' on one, and all the kids' initials (FW, RW, FM, GM) on the other.

"So, m'lady! Where d'you wanna go?" He asked as he drank his tea.

"I hear Romania's nice this time of year," I smiled.

He was shocked, "you hated Romania!?"

"But I love you.. and I know you miss Charlie! And correction, I hated it in the dead of winter.." I laughed.

"You're amazing Mary.. d'know that?" He smiled his biggest smile.

I looked across the table at the love of my life, and smiled at how wonderful our life had become.
-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finish this novel as I sit in a hotel room in Romania, next to George Weasley, the love of of my life. He is reading another book, and we are set to meet Charlie for dinner in a few hours.

This book is dedicated to Frederick Weasley, Rose Millwood, my twins, my husband, my best friends, and the entire Weasley family.