Chapter 15: Mum, Seven Harry's, and George's Ear Too.

That summer, I spent it with Freddie and George again. Tabitha came along of course— she enjoyed spending time with Fred. She remained in her calm color, black, for most of the summer. Freddie and George had a nice little flat near their shop now, though they still spent more time at the burrow than they did there, so I did too.

We also spent a lot of time with Bill and Fleur; they were engaged now! I was invited to their engagement party; it was great to see Fleur away from her usual self. Molly lost the plot on her a few times though, saying how she didn't believe Fleur could still love Bill after his injuries. She did, even more. It took all of us to convince Molly of that.

One morning in July, I got an owl from my mum- a letter. The first one she had sent me in over a year:
'M.E— You must know how sorry I am for being an absent mother. It's for your own good, your safety. I know you're safe with Fred, George, and the Weasley's. Much safer than with me. They are cracking down on muggle-borns, M. I will be in danger more and more over the next several months. The ministry is not strong- it will fall. I will be spending my days at the ministry still, but my nights.. will be many different places. I cannot tell you those, my sweet. I don't even know where I'll be. Keep Fred and the others close. I love you with my whole heart, mum.'

"Well bloody hell, Mary," Fred started when I finished the letter. "That's the pits init."

"She refuses to memorize the Weasley Family Tree! It'll help if they stop her, but no.." I said.

"Have YOU?!" Fred interrupted with a slight panic in his voice.

"Yes love— 4 generations back."

Hermione did too, Ron made her. If Snatchers thought a muggle-born was related, in even the tiniest way, to a pure-blood, it would increase the chances of that muggle-born going unpunished. Remus told us a while back that since the war on muggles and muggle-borns started again, there was the belief by dark wizards, that muggle-borns gained their powers illegally, and would need to be punished. The Weasley's offered their family tree to me and my mum, and Hermione for memorization as soon as we heard this. It didn't effect me as much, since I could "prove" that I got my powers from my bloody dad and his side— Fred just liked to be safe.

"Good. Sorry for interruptin." He smiled.

"It's okay love. I was just sayin that she refuses to do that and now I can' even help her! She's stubborn as an Abraxan sometimes!"

"She's keeping you safe."

"I know love.. it's just hard..." I paused for a moment. "Buggar! We should tell the order!"

"Right you are, love! We'll grab Georgie, and meet Remus and the others straight away."

When we got to The Order's meeting spot, I began to read the letter to them. They were glad to the know the information, but they got worried.

"I guess this means Harry.." I started.

"He'll have to be moved," Kingsley Sacklebolt replied with his bellowing voice.

"But.. how?" I asked. "We can' just walk him to the safe house."

"Of course not, Ms. Fudge." I looked behind me, it was Alister Moody. Everyone called him Mad-Eye.

"Then what IS the plan Alister?!" I was plum miffed. I normally never called elders by their proper name without permission, but Mad-Eye was the exception. I didn't care— he was never my favorite. 

"Settle down and I'll tell ya. We need the rest of us though," he looked like I pissed him off a little.

"Oh fuck.." I said to Fred. "I already hate this plan." He kissed the top of my head.