Epilogue: Part 11

May 15, 2000. George and Angelina were getting married this day.

I had taken over their flat completely in the last several months; splitting my time 50/50 between there and the burrow. I was living on my own, but not. The flat got lonely most of the time, and when it did I went to the burrow.

The wedding was weird for me. Angelina invited me to get ready with her and her bridesmaids, which was very kind. I got ready with them, as things were better between us, but still not great.

It wasn't her fault about the Yule Ball, and I knew that. But she was marrying George now and that made me feel... uneasy— I didn't know why though. I hugged and wished her good luck as I finished getting ready and headed to take my seat with the Weasley's.

I was seated in the aisle, Ginny was on my left, then Hermione. Molly, Arthur, and the rest of the siblings were a row in front of us, in the front row. Ron was best man (George figured it out). Harry was in the wedding too.

The music started, and the bridal party proceeded down the aisle. George was settled in the front, he winked at me when we made eye contact. My stomach danced around, and I felt myself blush as we stood up to welcome the bridal party and bride to the area.

I was filled with a feeling I hadn't known in many years... jealousy. My hands tensed up and I rolled my neck as I faked a smile as Angelina made her way to the front.

I sat down, and my eyes weld when I looked at George.

Ginny knew what was going on, "oh my god.. you love him!?"

"What?" I angrily whispered back.

"George.. you love him don't you!?" She was tapping my leg.

"Well of course... he's my best friend!"

"No... you LOVE him," her eyes were bright as she grabbed my hand.

Hermione leaned in, "it's painfully obvious Mary. Has been for the last year.."

"What?!" I was careful to whisper as I faked a laugh at something George said in his vows. "You're both mad!" I was short with them now.

"Shoulda told him, it would be you up there.." Ginny sighed.

"Shush it!" I whispered as the officiant started to wrap up. I started to panic as I held back my tears. They were wrong... right?

After the wedding and reception, I couldn't wait to get back to the flat. I ran to the shop and upstairs. "Freddie! I need you.."

"What love!?" I heard the painting say.

"Freddie!" I ran in my room and looked at the painting of Fred.

"You look smashing!" He smiled.

"Thanks! Georgie's wedding. Sad you missed it.."

"Why'd ya come running in here love?"