Chapter 13: Arthur and Umbridge

5th year was here. It was weird.

This was Fred and George's last year. The thought of coming back without the twins next year broke my heart. But I still had them this year, and I intended to make the most of it.
————————————————————————
Before we could head back to school, Harry was to come to headquarters— the headquarters for The Order of the Phoenix (a secret society that Dumbledore gathered during the first who-know-who uprising). It was a secret house, hidden by magic in London.

Remus, Sirius, Snape (at least I thought I saw him), Arthur and Molly, Kingsley Sacklebolt, Tonks, and others were there. I saw them through a slightly open door as I walked down the hallway. They were having a meeting when I walked in the house. Mrs. Weasley met me, and ushered me away, towards Fred and George's room, upstairs.

The twins had turned 17 in April, and were now allowed to do magic outside of school, so naturally they used it to scare their mother, and me to death on a regular basis.

"MARY!" They screamed as they apparated out of nowhere while I was in the bathroom.

"BLOODY HELL! Don't do that Freddie!" I smacked him.

"I love you," he winked.

"Yeah! You better!" I said.

He kissed my cheek.

Later on that night, we wanted to spy on the order members during their meeting in the kitchen. We used one of Fred's and George's inventions, but Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, ate it (it was an extendible ear, very clever), so we barely got any information other than confirmation that Snape was in fact there.

The next night at dinner, Remus was telling us that the Minister of Magic, my daft uncle, was starting to put out that Harry and Dumblebore were plotting against the Ministry. He had all the papers talking ill of them and it made things testy in the wizarding world; for his friends, and him. Everyone sat in silence for a moment.

"Listen you lot, don't be mad at me! My uncle is a git!" No one answered. "I dunno why you'd even THINK I'm on his side..."

"We don't love," Fred finally replies.

"Well the Weasley's don't.."

"I don't either Mary. Don' worry," Harry answered.

"Thanks. I believe you Harry! Mum does too..." I smiled gently. "And I'll help you."

We arrived at school a few days later, "Lovey!" Fred shouted as he saw me make my way from my dorm after I dropped the rest of my stuff, including Tabitha. 

"Darling!" I said running into his arms.

"Didn' you two just see each other?" asked Ron, who was close behind his best friend.

"Two whole days ago!" I sneered back at him.

"Bugg off Ron!" Fred snapped.

"I love you!" I said before kissing his nose. He smiled. He loved when I did that.

"I love you, Mary!" he exclaimed before pulling me in tighter for a longer hug and kissing my neck.

"Bloody hell, now I've got to vomit," Ron said.

"Then go on, ya git!" Fred gestured for him to leave. He did.

"What shall we do for dinner tonight love? Great Hall or the junk my mum sent along, in your room?" he asked. He already knew the answer.

"Erm, of course dinner in my room!" I said excitedly.

"Wicked!" I kissed his nose. He kissed my lips. We held hands as we made our way downstairs.