Epilogue: Part 2

Two weeks had passed since we buried Freddie. I was still staying at the burrow, sleeping in the twins room... in Fred's bed. It comforted me in a weird way.

George had been splitting time between his Diagon Alley flat and the burrow. When he was at the burrow, he'd sleep in his old bed.

One day I asked him, "Georgie.. does it bother you that I'm sleeping in his bed? Cause if it does, I'll go to the couch..."

"It doesn't Mary, no. I'd rather look over and see a body than an empty bed..." his voice dropped off as the tears fell.

"Georgie," I said as I hugged him. "Y'know I love you.. I'm here for you." He looked up from his tears and grabbed my face in his hands. His eyes met mine, all four tear-filled. There was a moment of calm.

"I know Mary, thank you." He leaned up and kissed my cheek. He lingered for a moment, as he breathed in my ear. I felt my heart flutter. Fred used to do that, much more intentionally than George though. I felt him panic as he moved back and cleared his throat. I brushed a strand of hair out of his face. He blushed sightly and grabbed my hand to kiss it. We walked out of his room, and headed down to the kitchen for breakfast.

Mum Weasley was cooking away, using magic to clean the dishes as she went. She caught a glimpse of George and me coming down the steps, "oh! Fred, Mary dears!...." she paused immediately. She turned around quickly and ran to George.

"Honestly, women.. you call yourself our mother." He said as he rested his chin on his mum's head and held her tightly. I sniffled, and walked to the sink to help with the dishes.

She broke from George and walked over to me, I hugged her. "I know.." I said as we cried into each other's arms. "Go sit down, Mum Weasley.. I've got it." I kissed her check. George walked over to help me as well.

It was hard for her, of course. Two twins, now one. And she saw me walking with a twin.. who else would it have been.

George and I finished with breakfast and the dishes; we walked over to mum Wesley who was looking at old family photographs. We handed her a plate and she motioned for me to sit down next to her. "Mary," she started with a small chuckle. "Look at this one of the twins as babies."

She handed my a photograph of the twins, they were starkers.. and holding their family owl. I giggled as I looked up at George, who turned bright red at the sight of it. He covered his eyes and walked back into the kitchen.

After a few minutes more of mum Weasley laughing at old photographs of the twins. I encouraged her to eat as I kissed her on the cheek and went back to talk to George. "How's Angelina?" I asked shortly. He knows I'm still a not a fan of hers.. for obvious reasons. They were on and off again since Hogwarts days.

He laughed slightly before answering, "she's fine."

"You'two getting serious?"

"A bit, yeah.." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"What Georgie?" I asked him as I rubbed his shoulder.

"Erm... it's us. Angelina and me.." I shook my head reassuringly. "If we get married one day....."

I grabbed his hand and kissed it, he blushed a twinge. "Best man?" I asked.

"Yup.."

"Well that's a long ways from now G! Don't stress about it already!" I met his eyes and he smiled before kissing the top of my head. I paused before I said, "Oi, I wanna see more photographs Mum Weasley!" I took off running across the house.

"Nooo!" George said as he chased me and wrapped his arms around me, tackling me.

"Get off, ya git! Ouch!" I screamed as I elbowed him with a laugh.

"Don't you dare hurt that girl, George Weasley!" Mum Weasley shouted at her son. He promptly got off of me and apologized, to his mum first and then me. I was loosing it.

I finally was able to compose myself enough to stand. "Mary, y'okay dear?" She walked over to me and rubbed my head. I frowned at her, and rubbed my head as well, garnering an audible "come on!" from George.

I was busting a gut, "I'm fine mum Weasley, yes." I winked at George and he huffed away. He walked over and pet Tabitha, she raised her backside, purred and turned almost black.. my heart stopped for a moment at the gesture. Does she love George like that too? I hadn't seen that before between those two.

Arthur came home just then, "ello you lot!"
He said cheerfully. Molly walked over to hug him.

"Hi Mr. Weasley!" I chipped.

"Ello Mary! Brought you something," he smiled. He reached into his bag and pulled out a wonderfully adorable cat bed! It was round, and black and red checked! It was perfect! "Tabby!" I called her and she perked up. "Look what Mr. Weasley brought you, girl!" She jumped down and trotted over. I let her smell the bed. She perked up, jumped into his arms and proceeded to lick his face. "Tabby! Stop!"

"Oh, it's okay Mary! Glad she likes it!" He laughed as he grabbed her to put her down. We went our separate ways in the burrow as I put Tabitha's new bed in a gap in between books on the bookshelf in the living room.

I looked at George, he was actually smiling.. it was a small smile, but it was there and it was genuine.