Epilogue: Part 31

6 February, 2004. My babies turned 1 year old yesterday. Their dad got them toy wands; the other Weasley's gifted them personalized sweaters (that mum knitted), and the girls and Seamus and Neville sent wonderfully festive baby grow suits. They were so loved.

Painting Fred cried when he first saw them; they should've been his babies, but if not Freddie, then who else besides Georgie?

I was working at the ministry, in my new office. The twins were at the burrow with Zoe and mum Weasley. It was just before afternoon tea time when a piece of parchment came shooting out through the fireplace in my office.

My office was wonderful. It had two large windows that reached from floor to ceiling, stained glass lined the frames and they could open to let warmth/cold, and light in. My desk was light gray and intricately designed with flowers on the corners. The chair was large and blue, had comfortable armrests, made of faux leather, and was lined with silver upholstery tacks. The fireplace was directly across from my desk, it was surrounded by white marble tiles. There was an empty space above the mantle; I added a frame for Fred. Two chairs sat opposite my desk, they were red without armrests.

I grabbed the parchment out of the air, and read the note written on it:
'Darling,
Tea? I'll be there at 1p.
Love, G'

He and I were becoming increasingly more affectionate toward one another, to no ones surprise. He still wasn't ready to leave Angelina, which I protested actually, as what he and I had wasn't fair to her. He planned to talk to me about what he wanted to say to her. Maybe that's what this tea date was for, either way, I was excited.

1p came around, and George suddenly appeared in my fireplace, "Bloody hell George! You scared me to death!" I said as I got up and went to hug him.

He kissed me before he said, "I've missed you darling!"

"I've missed you too love."

"What shall we do for tea?" He asked.

"What'd'ya want to do dear?"

"I brought shepherds pie if you're interested in just the two of us?" He winked.

"Of course you did," I giggled. "Of course that's okay! Lemme open the windows!"

"So love," he started as we dug into our pie.

"Yes?"

"Betcha wondering why I'm here.."

"To eat with your best friend?" I smirked.

"Well course! But erm.. also the Angelina situation," he cleared his throat. I nodded with support.

"I'm separating from her.."

I nearly spit my pumpkin juice out, "when?!"

"This month I reckon.. she knows it's coming though won't be much surprise.."

"But Roxanne?..."

"She'll be alright. I'll visit her and Fred as much as I can and they'll come see us." He swallowed his next bite of pie. "I'm not in love with her Mary.."

"I know..." I was suddenly upset. "You're gonna hate me later on!"

"Why?!"

"For being the reason you fell out of love with your WIFE!"

He leaned over the carpet, his biceps flexed as he met my eyes, "no.. you're the reason I realized I never was. It was always you.."

"I love you.." my heart fluttered at the feeling. It was the first time I said it out loud, not to mention the first time I said it to George. 

"I love you too.." He grabbed my face with one hand to kiss me, and just as the kiss got hotter, we heard whistling from above us. It was Freddie, clapping and whistling like a lunatic.

We broke our kiss.

"How much ya hear?" George asked without looking at him.

"Just my two favorite magic folk finally admitting they're bloody in love!" We both blushed bright red as we looked at the painting version of our best friend. "We miss you"

"I miss ya too.. but bloody hell! This is amazing! My two best people in love?! Georgie.." he got serious, "you treat Mary like the angel she is. I know ya will, but hadta remind ya." He crossed his arms.

George stood up and walked over to the portrait of his brother, and winked. Then backed up toward me, grabbed and kissed my hand, "I will mate. How could I not?"

Freddie smirked, "good. Oi! I gotta tell the others!"

"No!" We laughed, but he was already gone. We knew he was running back to the Burrow to tell whoever was there that George and I finally did it.. we finally admitted it out loud, that we loved each other.