Chapter 14: 25th December, 1996 / 30th June, 1997.

My sixth year. Merlin, I was getting old. One more to go.

Last year was a roller coaster of emotion, for many reasons. I found out that Harry lost his Godfather, Sirius Black last year. That must've been devastating for him. I couldn't imagine. I also heard the Harry and Ginny finally had their first kiss! The Order saved the gang in the Department of Mystery's— after those who went nearly died. That was bloody upsetting— I was mad they didn't ask me to go along and even madder they almost bloody died!

I also visited Fred and George at their newly founded joke shop as much as I could. I spent the summer at the Burrow, as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley assumed I was going to from now on. It was nice. I helped the twins organize and set up their shop, making it look perfect. I thought it was the kindest gesture that Harry gave them his Tri-Wizard winnings so they could buy the building to start their shop.

He didn't want the money anyway, and he loved Fred and George- his other best friends. They named it: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. It was perfect. Wall to wall jokes, gags, and pranks. Everything they loved.

As a sixth year, I had free periods during my schedule. I doubled on classes last year, thus allowing me to have two back-to-back free periods this year. I took them Friday afternoons, as this allowed me to leave school early on Friday's and spend my weekends at the Burrow, and with the boys. Dumbledore knew this, but allowed my excuse of "exploring career opportunities" anyway. He was a decent man. He didn't want to take away my time with the twins since they weren't at school anymore, and he knew what happened last year.

One evening, I was walking back from the library, when I came upon Hermione, and Harry sitting in a stairwell. Hermione had a literal dark cloud surrounding her head.

"What's eating ya, Mi?" I asked her. Harry was rubbing her shoulder.

"She's not gonna say, but you know.." Harry said.

"Oh them?! Bloody disgusting I reckon. Wan' me ta give her a rat tail? The one I gave Cho last year lasted nearly a month!" I chuckled.

She cracked a slight smile before Ron and that dimbo Lavender walked up. "Oh, looks likes this spot is taken won-won," Lavender said. It was enough to cause me to vomit in my mouth.

Hermione changed the clouds into birds and they attacked the couple and chased them out of the corridor.    

I later found out that Ron was poisoned by a bad batch of potion- he ended up in hospital, where he subsequently broke up with Lavender by mumbling Hermione's name in his sleep, not hers. Bloody fantastic.
———————————————————————
It was Christmas break, and I was able to leave school a few days early, due to my free periods.

I said my 'goodbyes' and headed for the train. The train was empty, as it was only me and a few other sixth, and seventh years. I had a car all to myself; it was rather nice. Tabitha was able to roam about and sleep where she pleased.

I drew her in her natural habitat, to pass the time. It made the trip go much faster because before I knew it, I was at my departing platform. I put Tabitha in her crate, gathered my belongings and headed off the train.

I got on the platform, put my stuff down and when I looked up, I saw him. "Ah! Freddie!" I ran into his outstretched arms, leaving my stuff against the wall. I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waste.

"I've missed you, darling!" he smiled as he kissed me.

"Oh, me too love! I've missed you very much! This was the longest week ever!" I laughed.

He put me down. "Let me help you with your stuff darling," he said as he bent down to grab my bags. I tapped his bum and grabbed Tabitha. We took some secret ministry passageway that was hidden out of muggle sight? and we were in Diagon Alley again.