Chapter 12: The Year I Almost Lost Him

Few months passed. I spent the summer with the Weasley clan again. It was becoming commonplace; they expected me.

Our summer involved going to the Quidditch World Cup Match. This was a terrifying experience for me. I actually blocked most of it out (as I did during a panic attack), but I remember the stadium being dreadfully tall and of course, our seats were near the top. I hate heights— I nearly broke Fred's hand hanging on so tight. I also remember Death Eaters, and getting separated from Fred for a while. Two other things I feared. So overall, other than that near death experience, no complaints for the summer.

I found out too, actually, that my mum had been in touch with Molly and Arthur about what was going on with her. They were always so welcoming, but I was glad mum reached out and thanked them for allowing me to join them in their home. I thanked them as much, and as often I could. They knew I was beyond appreciative.

My fourth year began much differently than all the others.

Dumbledore gave an announcement the day we arrived at school. Hogwarts would play host to the "Tri-Wizard Tournament." Witches and wizards from two other wizarding schools were going to join us. The basis of the tournament was simple, yet complex. You also had to be 17 and older to compete. This upset the twins— they had just turned 16 that past April. In hindsight, I was extremely glad that they did not compete.

"That's rubbish!" they shouted as Dumbledore made the announcement. I scowled at Fred, with a smirk.

"Silence!" Dumbledor commanded, as he introduced the other schools. "As mentioned, we will play host to two other magical schools. Beauxbattons, and Drumstrang's. Let's welcome them!"

It started, my absolute least favorite part of being a Hogwarts student..."Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy-woggy, Hogwarts. Teach us something pleaseee. Whether we be old..." the singing began. "I hate it," I whispered to Luna who was carrying the tune. 

When the singing finally stopped, it was time for the other schools to introduce themselves to us. "Beauxbattons" he gestured!

This group of several women walked, or glided in. "Ahhh.." they weirdly sighed and pointed towards the boy on both sides of the room. It was quite awkward actually. All the girls were miffed.

"They aren't even pretty!" I said to Luna, crossing my arms after I saw Fred gawking over them. He noticed my disgust.

"I love you," he mouthed timidly. I furrowed my brow and stuck my tongue out slightly at him. He looked upset- he knew I was.

Then, the Drumstrang boys walked in. They started doing this dance, captivating the women in the hall. We all started starring at them, the boys were all visibly annoyed.

"See how it feels!" I mouthed to him after sticking my tongue out. "I love you"

"I love you too," he mouthed back with a look of 'you got me'. He smiled.

Later on, while I was studying, they came to me to tell me that they were going to try to put their names into the goblet— this goblet held, and then selected, the names of the three Tri-Wizard Champions. "Boys," I sighed. "I love you both. But I'm not sure this is one of your better ideas... I hear this tournament can be dangerous."

Fred knew I was getting anxious. "Sweetheart," he said running his hand down my arm. "It'll be okay."

"You have to be 17 at least anyway!"

"Ha, we figured that out too!" George chimed in.

"Oh yeah, how?"

"Aging potion!" they both answered.