Chapter 18: Headmaster Snape

Before we knew it, it was 1 September 1997, time for me and Ginny to head back to school. My last bloody year. I was supposed to be excited, but I was dreading it to be honest. We heard that bloody SNAPE was now headmaster. I assumed he used his bloody Death Eater friends to threaten McGonegall.

That morning, Fred dropped me and Ginny off at the train station— Molly and George were busy with the Order. Fred was going to meet them later, but wanted to see us off first. On the platform, dark shrouded individuals lined the walls, watching the students, looking for muggles too, I imagine. I kept an eye on Ginny while I talked to Fred.

"I'll keep her safe," I said. "D.A getting back together and Ginny are literally the only reason I'm goin back. No other reason for me to."

"I know love, mum appreciates that. We all do actually."

"I'm dreading this Freddie. My last year and bloody Snape is the damn headmaster. And these.. Death Eaters? Mad!"

"I know love. Have all the stuff I packed for you?" he asked with a smile.

"Oh, but of course.. gotta figure out which to pull first. I have my radio too." I whispered that part as I noticed one of the darkly dressed persons got closer.

"I love you, Mary," Fred said as he leaned down to pick me up to hug me.

"I love you more!"

"Be safe, please."

"Always Freddie!"

He started to kiss me, when one of Death Eaters came toward us, "let's go Ms... Fudge." He snapped.

"Blimey honey.. that's not good, they know ya already. See ya later I suppose," Fred whispered angrily before glaring at the man.

"Bye darling!" I said as the death Eater forced me to the train. I quickly found Ginny and took a seat next to her.

I knew this year was gonna be bloody awful, but it was even worse than that.

When we got to school and went to our dorms, we found out that all items that were not school related were destroyed. All of our things usually arrived before we did, but this year, they used it as an excuse to ruin our lives. All my pictures of me at the burrow, with Fred, things Luna gave me, all gone. I noticed Luna wasn't around either.

I was furious, and stormed out. I began to stride toward Headmaster Snape's office— just that thought alone made me want to vomit. I was about to enter the elevator when my wand was knocked out of my hand. I saw Snape coming toward me, two Death Eaters by his side.

"Fudge... what... insufferable.. thing are you planning now?" he said.

"Actually.. I'm looking for you!" I replied.

They stood silent.

"Why the bloody hell d'you take our things? That's PRIVATE PROPERTY!"

"Stupefy" one of the cronies stunned me.

"What the bloody fuck?! I'm a student!"

"I'm very much away aware of that," she walked toward me. "You're Mary Fudge. Your mother is.. was, a mud-blood. And you're dating Mr. Fred Weasley. I'm Amycus Carrow, your new Defense Against the.. Arts, teacher. This is m'brother, Alecto. He teaches dirty muggle studies." She had to have seen the panic in my eyes. She got closer, "I hear you're quite the git." She had ghastly yellow teeth.

"You know NOTHING about me," I said as I stood. "And don't you DARE say his name!"

"Who? Ol' Freddie?" She cackled.