Epilogue: Part 46

5pm. We got word that the train was rolling into the station. The students would be here soon.

Neville arrived shortly after we got word about the students. "Mary! How are ya?" He yelled when he walked in the Great Hall.

"Oi Neville! How are ya? Ready for the term?"

"Indeed I am!" Ready for the feast? Oh, the portraits look great! Ello everyone!" He waved to the portraits behind me.

"Ello Neville! Mr. Longbottom, hello!"

"Oi! I'm the one who brought you lot here!" I laughed as I looked back at the portraits.

"Sorry Mary.. hello!" Remus said with his normal flair for the dramatic.

"Shut up," I rolled me eyes at him with a laugh.

"They should be here soon! Ready? Know what you're gonna say?" Neville asked as he reached me on the stage.

"Ready as I'm gonna be Nev. I gotta make it through without crying..." I chuckled.

"I'll be here.." he smiled gently.

"You're a great friend, Neville." I rubbed his back.

"They're coming!" Professor Flitwick announced as the returning students started to filter into the hall, and sat in their houses. Fred II met me eyes and smiled. I waved gently.

Neville left to meet the first years. "Neville!" I stopped him, "why are you going? It's usually head of Gryffindor house.... OH MY GOD! Neville! This is something you tell your best friend!" I smacked him.

He just smiled, "just happened recently. McGonegall didn't wanna do both anymore.."

"Nev! That's amazing!" I was tearing up. "Well go on!"

"Did he tell you Mrs. Weasley?" Professor Flitwick asked when I turned around.

"Yes! I'm so happy for him!" I was beaming extra at the words, 'Mrs. Weasley.'

"I'm still calling names though Mrs. Weasley, you can't cut this old bird out of everything, yet!" McGonegall added with a wink.

While we waited, I walked over and grabbed the sorting hat, "do you remember me?"

"I do."

"Okay.. so, when you were deciding on my house, you said I was 'difficult', were you trying to decide between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?" I asked it.

"Hmmm, Mrs....Weasley now, right?"

"Yes.."

"Well Mrs. Weasley, no... I was deciding between Ravenclaw and Slytherin.."

"Slytherin?! Why?!... that's mad! Neither of my parents were in Slytherin.."

"You're cunning.. and resourceful.."

"Cunning.. resourceful?! That's all?"

"Mrs. Weasley, when you were a Fudge, I put you in Ravenclaw for a reason. I wasn't wrong."

"Well, I'm bloody glad ya did! Thank you for that!"

Neville escorted the first years to the front of the hall, and met McGonegall. He then walked over to me and rubbed my back. The headmistress began her speech to the first years. "The twins look ready Mary. What're you thinking for houses?" He asked.

"They say 'hi' to you?" I asked firstly. He
nodded yes. "Well.. Georgia is much more like her father than me. So I have no doubts she'll be in Gryffindor... hopefully."

"She'd be a great fit Mary! But she has your ambition.. maybe Ravenclaw?"

"That'd be the only other house I'd accept for her," I winked with a laugh.

"And Fred?"

"Well, he's much more like me.. so I'm hoping for Ravenclaw! Like really hoping.." I nervously chuckled. "He'd be an okay Hufflepuff too, but like.. I would like ONE more Ravenclaw in the family.."

"Very true.." Neville winked.

McGonegall finished the first half of her speech and began to call names. "Hugh Mixon..."

"Pssst! I never understood the bloody order of these.." I laughed to Neville.

"I know.. it's still mad to me to too," he laughed back.

"Cameron Creevy.." he was going to see his uncle today, for the first time. He was sorted into Gryffindor.

"Georgia Milwood..!" My daughter looked at me with a shaky smile, and I waved reassuringly.

"Oh God, Neville..." I said as I grabbed his arm.

He laughed at me.

"Hmmm.... difficult. You're a Weasley... and a Fudge.." the hat said.

"Bloody hell Neville.. what the fuck does that mean?! Also, none of Fred's friends know he has half-siblings. So that's lovely.." I chuckled.

"It'll be okay.." Neville said with a laugh.

"Better be.... GRYFFINDOR!"

"Yesss! I knew it!" I said as I high-fived Neville. Georgie ran over and hugged her half-brother Fred and met the other Gryffindor's.

"Frederick Milwood.."

"Back to back?! She's torturing me.." I laughed and shoved my face into Neville's shoulder.

"Hmm... ANOTHER WEASLEY/FUDGE, interesting..." the hat scoffed.

"Not again..."

"RAVENCLAW!" The hat announced within seconds.

"Mary! That's wonderful!" Neville said.

"Oh thank goodness!" I waved at Fred as he turned and trotted toward the Ravenclaws.

"I'm nearly a mess Neville, why?!" I said laughing and crying.

"You got a lot going on..."

"FUCK! My speech..."

"Professor Mary Weasley.." McGonagall said. I waved to the students and winked at my kids. "She has a few words she would like to say.."