Epilogue: Part 39

19 March, 2014. I took that Friday off from work, as I wanted to surprise George and Ron with lunch at the shop, and I had a very import matter to discuss with Neville.

I was going to take the Care of Magical Creatures professorship at Hogwarts. I had many long talks with George and the twins about it. The twins wanted me to take it; they said they'd love to see me at school, and Fred II said the same thing. I hope they actually meant it. George said it would give me even more experience; which he knew I loved.

I walked lunch down to George and Ron at shop around 12p, said my hellos, helped out a bit, then went to meet Neville at the Leaky Cauldron.

"Mary! Ello!" Hannah Longbottom (née Abbott) said when I entered the Leaky Cauldron, she was the landlady there while going to Healer school.

"Hi Hannah! Neville around? I'm here to meet him!"

"Course! I'll go get him!" She answered cheerfully.

She hadn't changed a bit from school. She was so welcoming of Neville's friendship with me; she was always so lovely toward me. She even invited me to a bridesmaid in their wedding, but I knew she wanted her best friend and not me; she asked me for Neville.. which was very sweet of her. I was fine just being there.

She walked away toward the back door; the steps that led to their flat were in the back of the pub. When she got back, she was as happy as ever.
"He'll be down in a moment Mary!" She said as he walked behind the bar to greet me properly. "How've you been?! Sorry we haven't spoken in a spill..I've been dreadfully busy!"

"It's okay Hannah! Neville's told me about the position at Hogwarts and school! I've been wonderful!" I said as I showed her my ring.

"Oh Mary! George finally??" She was visibly happy for me.

"Yep!"

"Oh! That's just lovely!"

"Oi Mary!" Neville said as he approached the bar and sat down next to me.

"Oi Neville! I was just telling Hannah here about my birthday last year," I winked.

"Right! Lovely day!" He smiled warmly. Hannah smiled again before leaving us to talk. "So what'd you wanna talk about Mary?"

"Oh right.. well Neville. You're my best friend and my sons godfather. And you took time out of your day to pay me a visit to ask me about an open position at Hogwarts."

Neville just looked at me like I had three heads. "Mary?"

"I'm taking the job Neville. I'll do it.." I sighed.

"Mary! That's wonderful! Headmistress McGonegall will be thrilled, I know I am!" He hugged me, "Georgie okay wit it?"

"He is, we talked and he wants me to do it. So do the twins. And I suppose I do too.. so I am." I smiled gently. "Oh! The twins got your gifts.. they loved them! They're gonna write you this week!" I rubbed his arm and grabbed my coat to head out.

"Thank you Neville. When d'ya wan' me to start?"

"Erm.. yeah, about that Mary. Can you come this fall? For the feast and introductions?"

"THIS fall, Neville?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, "yeah.. sorry I didn' mention that."

"It's okay... I'll be there, Nev. no worries. Just gotta tell the family," I wanted to assure him I wasn't angry.

"See ya Mary!" He said with a kiss on the cheek.

"See ya Neville! Give my best to Hannah too, please!" I kissed him back, and waved to Hannah as I left.