[43]

---

---

The remaining members of Sibuna were in the tunnels once more, ready to get Nina back. Once they managed to get Amber to stand up after she shoved snacks into every pocket she had (and got Scarlett to shove a few into her pockets), they were ready to go. 

"Okay, so I've named each of the guards," Joy informed. "The two at the front are Jasper and Sweetie. The two in the middle are Vera and Trudy."

"What about the mean one at the back?" Amber questioned. 

"That's Victor. I studied the video I took, and I worked out a pattern for each of their movements."

"Which means..." Patricia began.

"I should be able to predict the square they're gonna point at."

"Do we have to call one of them Trudy? It doesn't look like Trudy," Amber voiced. 

"It's just easier if they have names. Nothing personal. Except Victor. He's the enigma. I still don't know where he's going to point," Joy revealed. 

"Still, I'm glad we hired you, Joy," Fabian assured.

They took their first steps. As the game continued, they reached a certain point. Patricia and Scarlett were both on a danger square. Scarlett was next to Victor, unfortunately. She had a bad feeling about where she was but listened to Joy, nonetheless. She trusted Joy.

Scarlett had stepped onto the danger square before Fabian could argue. However, Amber didn't. Fabian and Joy began to argue over where she stepped. Scarlett and Patricia stayed out of it, hoping that all would go well. Amber stepped onto the same square as Patricia. 

The statues started to spin, them all holding their breath as they did. Scarlett gasped as Victor landed on her and Vera pointed at Patricia and Amber. Three screams sounded as they all fell through the floor and to where Nina and Alfie were.

Scarlett was the first to crawl out of the hole they fell down and into a small room that held Nina and Alfie.

"Nice to see you guys," she exclaimed, sending them a false smile. "How have you been? This isn't exactly five stars."

"Gee, I wonder why that is?" Nina quipped. Scarlett stood up, pulling her into a big hug before moving to hug Alfie. 

Amber had greeted Alfie first, switching with Scarlett.

"Oh, wow. I say this with love, but you really need a shower," Amber voiced as she pulled away from Nina. 

Nina nodded, "There is nothing I'd like more."

"Well, surprise. The cavalry's here. We have everything under control. Really, for sure. You betcha," Patricia reassured. 

"Way to sell it, Patricia," Scarlett muttered. She turned to Nina and Alfie. "We really do have it under control, they're only a few steps away from the mask."