[71]

---

---

Staring ahead, Scarlett listened to Mr Sweet drone on and on about results day and graduation. She was just waiting for the moment he announced valedictorian. He'd informed her, Mara and Fabian that they were all in the running and Scarlett wasn't sure if she wanted the role or not if he offered her it. 

"And, exciting news," he began. There was a chorus of 'oohs' throughout the classroom. "In a few days, you've all been invited to  the Cornelian Museum for a tour of their Ancient Egypt exhibition."

"You need to work on your definition of exciting, dad," Eddie whispered. 

Scarlett elbowed him, "Shut up, just because you don't like history."

"Why is it always Egypt?" Jerome questioned.

Eddie turned to Scarlett as Mr Sweet walked away, "So you want to go to this museum?"

"They have gift shops," Scarlett said as if it were the most obvious thing. 

Eddie chuckled, wrapping an arm around her waist as Mr Sweet started talking again. 

"And so, it just remains for me to announce, our most exceptional student, our valedictorian," he informed. Eddie squeezed her waist gently. "Who is..."

Scarlett watched as Fabian and Mara straightened up, the former straightening his uniform. She sunk further into her chair.

"Scarlett Garcia!"

"What?" Scarlett exclaimed. Eddie pulled her into a hug as the people in the classroom cheered. She was shocked to silence. She had no clue how she was chosen over Mara, who had a much better track record than her. 

Once the cheering died down, everyone began watching the clock. Scarlett wanted to laugh at how High School Musical 2 it was of them. 

The bell rung.

"And that concludes your final lesson," Mr Sweet announced. 

"Schools out," Eddie exclaimed, throwing his notes in the air. Others followed as Scarlett flinced, the paper landing on her. She picked up her notes, putting them in her bag. "You didn't throw your notes," he spoke, kissing her forehead. 

"I'll burn them in a bonfire once I know I've passed everything."

Eddie laughed, "C'mon cranky, let's go celebrate you getting valedictorian."

"How?"

Eddie shrugged, "Well, Trudy knew it was between mainly Anubis students so, she organised for us to be able to go into town for dinner this weekend, the whole lot of us."

Scarlett turned to him in the hall, "Wait really?"

He nodded, "Yep and the valedictorian gets to choose."

"Oh that's pressure." She thought as they continued on their way. "Oh, what about that new Vietnamese place? It's always full of Asian people so you know it's good food." Eddie frowned. "It's true, especially with Asian cuisine. If it's all white people it's probably not great, but that goes for a lot of different places."