[31]

---

---

Once again Scarlett was with the rest of Sibuna, discussing the task and the reflectors. Turns out one of the reflectors was the Cup of Ankh, which was currently in Vera's room. She groaned in frustration, of course, nothing would be easy for them. It was just their luck. 

Later that day, Scarlett was sat ready for Newspaper.

"Want one?" Eddie offered as he walked in, holding out a bag of salted peanuts. 

"No, thanks. Don't know where you've been," she retorted. 

"What's your problem?" He demanded. 

"It was a joke, Jedward, chill," she replied, glancing up from her notes. 

He scoffed and moved to sit next to Mara. Scarlett frowned. 

"What the fuck?" She muttered. 

Patricia entered and sat in the spare sea.

"All right. Listen up, people. It's time for a shakedown. This website is stepping it up a gear," Joy announced as she entered the room. She revealed her plan on one of those large flip chart boards. "There's a whole world of eyeballs out there, and it's our job to grab them with our hot, punchy stories and after some regrettable lapses in journalistic standards, we need a new identity, starting with the name. So from now, we call it The Jackal."

"Isn't that a bit tabloid-y?" Mara questioned. 

"Don't worry, we won't be printing any lies or conspiracy theories on this website. Not anymore," Joy told. 

"Jesus Christ Joy, chill a bit," Scarlett defended. 

"Scarlett, hush. Mara, Mr Sweet told me that your Vera retraction was going to be your last posting on this website. And, Eddie, I want you to write an article on the history of the school." She handed him a few DVDs. "My exhibition bid and footage is an invaluable reference. Check it out. Oh, you need to spool through several hours of excellent raw footage."

"Yeah, I don't spool," Eddie argued, handing her back the DVDs.

"I had an idea for an article. It's the human interest piece on-" Mara began.

"Oh, thanks, Mara, but this human isn't interested. But if you want to contribute, You can always help Eddie out with his article," Joy responded. She handed him back his DVD's. 

"Yeah, that's-" he paused, watching Scarlett, who raised an eyebrow. "Inspired, chief." He wrapped an arm around her. "I mean, we'd make a great team."

Scarlett scoffed. She couldn't believe him. 

"Fine, but you watch all the footage," Mara agreed. 

Scarlett shook her head, attempting to remain unphased by her boyfriend being an asshole. 

"And Scarlett, you can do the piece that you requested," Joy revealed.