[06]

---

---

Scarlett sat at one of the desks in Mrs Andrews classroom watching on as Nina, Fabian and Amber attempted to find the last book to complete the pattern in the bookshelf. 

"We just need that one last book to complete the pattern," Fabian informed

"You think Andrews took that and left it lying around her classroom for two years. Yeah right," Amber remarked. 

"This would go faster if you helped Scar," Nina pointed out

"And I need to finish my revision cards," she replied, glancing back down at the colourful cards on the desk. 

"Why don't we search her bag as well?" Amber suggested. 

Then the door opened and Mrs Andrews walked in. 

"Oh, all very keen, aren't we?" Mrs Andrews voiced. 

"Found it," Amber exclaimed. "Nina says it's a real page-turner."

"Yes. That's a dictionary, Amber," Mrs Andrews told. 

"Yes, yes, it is. I've been wanting to read it for ages," Amber lied. 

"Help her expand her limited vocabulary," Scarlett covered up, starting to put away her work. 

"If this is a ruse to get you out of that detention I gave you yesterday, forget it," Mrs Andrews informed. 

"No. Actually, Mrs Andrews, this is about the Frobisher Library. A very important book has gone missing apparently and we thought you'd be able to make an announcement about it in class," Fabian requested.

"Oh, I could do but nobody has borrowed a book from there in years, it's been closed up since-" she cut herself off. 

"What is it?" Fabian asked. 

"Nothing but I think I know where that book might be," Mrs Andrews replied. 

Scarlett moved to leave. 

"Now all we have to do is wait for her to return it," Fabian told. 

"Great, I love waiting, favourite thing," Nina retorted. 

---

It was just Scarlett's luck that when Patricia was halfway through an argument she decided to enter the student lounge and get dragged into it. 

She moved to sit on a sofa across the room when she heard the girl call her name. Her facial expressions gave away everything. Also, Patricia tended to use Scarlett to win arguments, since she was surprisingly gifted at it. 

"So this guy here was sleeping on the sofa and his feet were sticking out," Patricia explained. "And his only reference to England is Harry Potter."

"Okay..." Scarlett trailed off before catching the look she was giving her. "Oh. Right." She nodded. "Well England had the Beatles, Queen, the Rolling Stones, Oasis, Bono, the Brontë sisters, Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, Thomas Hardy, Micheal Cane, Idris Elba, Jude Law-" she listed.