[05]

---

---

Scarlett and Amber walked into the cellar, Nina and Fabian just behind them.

"Back in the dusty cellar again, just like the old times, you know, when we used to share," Amber spoke up.

The pair rolled up their sleeves, revealing identical tattoos.

"Ouch, matching tattoos right before you split up?" Amber made a face.

"It's the mark of Anubis," Nina informed. "It means we have to find the mask of Anubis for this Egyptian spirit."

"So far, so Sibuna," Amber replied.

"Mysterious, love it," Scarlett muttered sarcastically. 

"If we don't, we forfeit our lives," Nina added. 

"Shit," Scarlett breathed.

"Oh, well, at least it's not like you're gonna die or anything," Amber dismissed. 

"Amber, that's what forfeit our lives means," Fabian snapped.

"I didn't want anyone else to get involved in case they got cursed too, Like this crazy person," Nina exclaimed. 

"What? If by 'crazy', you mean 'trying to help you,' then guilty as charged," Fabian argued.

"When you're done squabbling, I am trying to deal with the fact that my best friends are totally cursed here," Amber interrupted. 

"Exactly, it's not the easiest thing to process," Scarlett added.

"And I know how that feels," Nina muttered. "So here's the deal, we have to put in the combination and go through that door. You guys don't," she explained. 

"We can't ask you to take a risk like that just for us," Fabian added.

"Have you seen the colours I accessorise with? I am the queen of risk," Amber replied. 

"And I was with you all through last year, I'm not leaving you now," Scarlett told. 

Amber and Scarlett stared at the pair, both bringing their hand to their eye.

"Sibuna," Nina sighed.

"Sibuna," Fabian repeated. 

"Can we go find this mask now? Because I think they're doing cake upstairs," Amber questioned. 

Nina sighed, moving to the shelves with the combinations at the top.

"Okay, here goes," Nina muttered. 

She stepped back and nothing happened. A few seconds later and the shelves moved to the side. 

Scarlett gasped. 

"It's some kind of study," Fabian pointed out. 

"Seriously, when is there going to be something behind door number one that isn't old and crusty," Amber voiced.