[17]

---

---

Their plans had begun with Amber setting off the security light.

It was the plan they had that gave Scarlett the perfect idea of when to prank Eddie, which is why she had dragged Mara out of bed with her to enact it. 

"Remind me why we have to get even with Eddie right now," Mara questioned as they watched Victor in his office. 

"Always prank your enemies when they least expect it," she told, like it was the most obvious thing. "Operation nemesis is go," she added, holding back her laughter. 

Before they could go downstairs loud music began playing, it was Nina and Fabian's part of the plan. She quickly hid behind the door that leads to the girls' corridor. As Victor descended the stairs she peeked her head out to watch him go. 

They made their way downstairs when Victor was back in his office. 

"Eddie, wakey wakey," she called out as she knocked on the door. 

"What?" He demanded as he opened the door. A bucket of compost fell onto his head. "I can't see."

As he stumbled forward he knocked a vase off a small shelf. Scarlett laughed. 

"What on earth is going on here?" Victor bellowed. 

"Just having a midnight snack," Scarlett lied. 

"Detention, detention, both of you," he began, pointing at them as he walked forward. "Commencing tomorrow and ending perhaps never. Now clear up this mess and go to your rooms," he commanded. 

"What just happened?" Eddie asked as Victor walked away. 

"Long story short, Victor, you and me, detention," Scarlett explained, pointing to each person she mentioned as she spoke. 

Eddie stared at her for a second before slapping himself. 

"I'm not dreaming. Great," Eddie complained. He made his way back into his room.

"Point four, Sibuna," Scarlett declared, making her way back into her room. 

She sat on her bed watching as Alfie pointed a torch at Amber, messing around. 

"Okay, so Victor has just come back into his office, looking pretty zombified. Now we just have to wait until he falls asleep and then we make our move. But, in order to do that, we all have to stay awake. Okay?" Nina explained. 

"Yes, we should do some things to keep our brains active, like chess?" Fabian proposed. 

"Or we could tell spooky ghost stories," Alfie suggested. 

"Oh Alfie, your stories are so boring," Patricia stated. 

"How about we count sheep to keep us awake?" Amber added.