[39]

---

---

Scarlett missed Nina more than she would admit. One of her best friends was missing, God knows where and they didn't know if she was truly alright, they were only assuming because of what Frobisher-Smythe had said over the recording.

Scarlett was beginning to develop bags, her eyes tired as she walked into the kitchen. She went straight to the kettle, ignoring Vera as she stood around in the kitchen. She poured herself a coffee.

"I hardly slept all night," Fabian admitted. 

"Me neither," Amber told. Alfie had piled food onto his plate. "Alfie, how can you possibly eat at a time like this?"

"I always eat when I'm scared or nervous or traumatized or happy, come to that," Alfie answered. 

"Or any day with a 'y' in it," Amber muttered. 

"Where's Nina?" Vera asked. Fabian put his head in his hands. "I have a message for her from the hospital. Apparently, her gran had a bit of a bad night."

"Is she all right?" Fabian questioned. 

"Yep, she's stable, but they would like Nina to go in." No one answered. "Well? Amber?"

Amber began to stammer, trying her best to come up with an answer.

Patricia walked into the kitchen, "Nina's already gone to the hospital."

"Already?"

"Yeah. She got a text from hospital really early this morning. She left you this letter." Patricia handed her a piece of paper. 

"Oh, she should have cleared this with me first. I am going to have to consult with Victor about this," Vera informed. 

"She was probably just really worried," Scarlett lied. "You can't fault her for wanting to make sure one of the only family members she has left was okay."

Vera barely acknowledged what she had said before she walked back into the kitchen. 

"Well done," Amber praised. 

"Come on. We've got Sibuna to save," Patricia told. 

"Hey, yacker, want me to make you Eddie's famous breakfast stack?" Eddie asked as he entered. 

"I can't eat a lot in the mornings, sorry, Eddie. Plus I don't feel great, sorry," she replied. "See you at lunch." She rushed out with the other members of Sibuna. They stopped in the hall just outside the living room. 

"I say we go back down there and play the game again. If we win, we get Nina back," Patricia suggested. 

Amber agreed. 

"If we lose, someone else disappears," Alfie argued. 

Amber then agreed with him. 

"Tell them, Fabian, Scar. We have to go and play the game again, right?" Patricia insisted.